B&K gear, but have no idea what it's worth

Jon B

Hey folks,

I just did a swap with a buddy for a B&K Reference 50 S2 preamp, Reference 125.2 amp, and Reference 200.5 amp. I live in the Adcom, Yamaha, and Onkyo from the 80's separates world. Care to help with valuing these things? I have no idea what the real world value is, and when I try see wildly differing prices all over the map.

They came out of an impressive home theater with a high end projector, automatic curtains, and built-in speakers. So they were adult owned and not abused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone in the forum who is in Southern Calif wants them, let's talk. I'm not going to fire sale them, but I also am not interested in getting top dollar either. A good deal for both parties is all I want to see. I am also happy to trade. I love, Love, LOVE the Yamaha, Onkyo, and Adcom amps and pre amps from the 80's. If you have those, we should talk.

Thanks everyone, and BTW and I still have my beloved 301's!

JonB

Hi Billybob!!

Long time no talk to. I have missed my friends here on the forum. Been tying up all my time with other hobbies and not getting back to my first love - audio gear!

I'll grab some pics tonight when I get home.

My garage is getting too hard to work in, so I plan to thin the herd a bit. I have an Adcom preamp, amp, and 5 disk CD that may go if I make a deal for a Yamaha M series stack (C-70, M-70 etc) I have been thinking about buying. There is also a Parasound 200 watt amp, and a 60 watt Rotel integrated amp (with remote) that I may find a new home for as well. More on that later....

Take care my friend,

JonB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon B said:

Hey folks,

I just did a swap with a buddy for a B&K Reference 50 S2 preamp, Reference 125.2 amp, and Reference 200.5 amp. I live in the Adcom, Yamaha, and Onkyo from the 80's separates world. Care to help with valuing these things?

I always look at completed eBay listings to give a real-world selling price of things like that.

The most recent 125.2 amp sold for $575 + $95 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134651027483?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dyAeUH2pTUu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=hffRcSORQp-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The most recent Reference 50 pre-amp sold for $350 + $50 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266581361016?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vA2_YGIhT12&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=hffRcSORQp-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I don’t see any listings for a 200.5 amp but this 200.7 amp recently sold for $555 + $195 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204595930621?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WmuPezIYTrS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=hffRcSORQp-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply.

That's how I normally do it, but I don't plan to ship this stuff and that does make a difference on what it is worth to folks. But as I said before, I'm not looking for top dollar so I shouldn't quibble. I put the stuff on a different table last night and that 200.5 amp is easily the heaviest amp I have ever lifted.

The pictures are coming........

1 hour ago, Jon B said:

Thanks for the reply.

That's how I normally do it, but I don't plan to ship this stuff and that does make a difference on what it is worth to folks. But as I said before, I'm not looking for top dollar so I shouldn't quibble. I put the stuff on a different table last night and that 200.5 amp is easily the heaviest amp I have ever lifted.

The pictures are coming........

Does the preamp have the factory remote?