Heresy II

Estes

There's a pair of Heresy II's in my area for sale. Cabinets are a little beat up, looks like something splattered on one of the woofers, but the seller said they are in good working condition. Asking $500.

I was thinking of looking at a pair of Heresy IV or maybe even the Forte IV, but then saw this.

Thoughts?

H II's are not well regarded.  At that price you'd have a lot of room for improvement though.  Klipsch actually made an upgrade kit for the 2's to bring them up to the spec of III's.  I think they might still have the kits on the Klipsch site?  You can look it up or email their customer service.  

Yeah I read a few threads about mods, questions about "padding" material, and other upgrade options. If the base speaker has issues, not sure that's what I'm looking for. I'm not really handy either so that's a bit daunting as well if it's involved 

4 hours ago, uteman1011 said:

H II's are not well regarded.  At that price you'd have a lot of room for improvement though.  Klipsch actually made an upgrade kit for the 2's to bring them up to the spec of III's.  I think they might still have the kits on the Klipsch site?  You can look it up or email their customer service.  

I’ve never heard anyone say that Heresy IIs aren’t well-regarded.  🤷  When I bought a pair of IIIs I still had my IIs.  Sent the IIIs back and kept the IIs which I preferred much more.

• Like 3

I have H II's and love them, however when I bought them the OP stated they had the Crite's upgrade even though I did not know what that was at the time.  Was some tweeter ti diaphragms and new crossovers...

received_3318956868409164.jpeg

You are better off with an unmolested pair.  If you know what you're doing, some upgrades are good and effective.  If you upgrade because you read it on the internet, of because a website sell it, you've probably made a mistake. 

• Like 2