Forte IV placement

I am interested in purchasing a pair of Forte IV's and Heresy IV's. My concern is the placement of the Forte IV.

They will be on either side of a fireplace and out from the rear wall. Unfortunately, with furniture partially behind each.

Without the rear reinforcement I am a little concerned that this may be a misapplication.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The forte's need to be anywhere from 8-12 inches from the rear wall for optimal sound.  What type of furniture would be behind either speaker?  A photo of your environment would help with recommendations.  Are you looking at getting a pair of each, or are you trying to decide between the two?  

Stereo stand on one side Chest of drawers on the other side.

One pair of each. Love the Heresy's - they would be in my office. have a hard time with the image coming from "near the floor".

Owned several versions of the Forte & Heresy.

27 minutes ago, Cwall4me said:

Love the Heresy's - they would be in my office. have a hard time with the image coming from "near the floor".

My Heresy IIs are about 45 inches off the floor on top of some large cabinets. They are on their sides, with the tweeters on the outside. Imaging is superb and they sound massive.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cwall4me said:

I am interested in purchasing a pair of Forte IV's and Heresy IV's. My concern is the placement of the Forte IV.

They will be on either side of a fireplace and out from the rear wall. Unfortunately, with furniture partially behind each.

Without the rear reinforcement I am a little concerned that this may be a misapplication.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

if possible, try to ensure that the furniture doesn't obstruct the path between the speakers and your listening position

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received a pair of IV's so I know I still have to break them in but I have found that the IV's are not as fussy when it comes to speaker placement compared to the II's. My listening space is 18.5 x 10 x 7.5 and I have the IV's 12'' from the back wall and 9'' from the side wall with a slight toe-in (for now as I will still be play around with speaker placement).