well now i've gone done it...

JasN00b

eh today in the hallways one way or the other i said "i'm gonna kill myself now" and my friend replied "not before i do!"

we were laughing and saying it in an obviously joking manner...

but a teacher took it seriously and wrote us up.

so i go to see the guidance counselor who until today called me "john"

they call my parents, talk to me, whole big shiznit... they wouldnt let me go back to class.. i missed two periods.

i wound up chilling on the beds by the nurses office with the other kid... our mothers had to pick us up.

now i have to spend 2 hours being "evaluated" to make sure i'm not a danger to myself...

such a bother.

fortuantly my parents arent mad at me, nor do they think i'm suicidle because IM NOT!!!!

its just this damn zero-tolerance policy that is absolute BULLEXCRIMENT!!

i suppose its worth it to save a life if someone was seroius... but major inconvience to me.

i'm just mad because we were so clearly joking, and it got blow totally out of porportion.

now i cant go back to school without the evaluation..

and i'm worried i'll be mis-evaluated somehow and they'll think i'm suicidle!

*sigh* the messes i get myself into

lol, I've had similar thigns happen. I got suspended for 3 days once for saying, "damn, sometimes I just wanna kill that guy" and they took it as a serious threat. Now, this is part of a long story. what had happend was, me and my friends were talkin about what we would do if we were in a dangerous neiborhood. So, I said, I would carry a knife in my shoe for protection. THAN, about 20 mins we started talking about this one kid we don't really like alot, and I said "damn, sometimes I wanna kill that guy" and we all had a little laugh you know, similar to your situation. than, the next day, I get pulled out of class, await in the office for FIVE HOURS before they tell me what I did wrong. the only thing they had mentioned prior to all this was "do you know what you've done?", and of course my reply was like "no, I don't, are you going to tell me?" and that was the end of it. They drag me down to the office, make me have a meeting with a police officer and my parents, and suspend me for some day, all because somehow the girl that told the story to the officials got the story twisted around to the point where they told me what I had said was, "I am going to bring a knife in my shoe to school sometime soon and stab that guy". I as well now hate the zero tolerance policy.

Yeah recently there was this guy at my former high school who was distraught or say they say about a loss in his family so he crawled up onto the roof threating to kill himself. Everything in the school was locked down and so was everyone remaining in the school. This was all after hours. Thankfully it was resolved and no one was hurt.

Kinda makes me wonder if common sense went out the window with all that "zero tolerance" crap that is going on in the schools now-a-days. I hear stories about elementary school students getting suspensions and so forth for bringing a butter knife to school! As obvious from what I see here, it seems like just saying the wrong thing will get you in trouble. Kinda like me being very careful what I say when in the airports on my just completed ski trip up to British Columbia - no mention of bombs, hijacks, guns, drugs, etc - even as jokes.

I am all for attempt to keep the kids safe in the schools, especially in the light of things like Columbine and so forth. Even in my highschool, it came very close to having a Columbine like situation, but the kid got caught before he could do anything. He stole some guns from his uncle's place with the intentions of shooting up the cafeteria during lunchtime.

But still, getting suspensions and being pulled out of class because somebody joking mentions "killing" somebody? Hell, they could be just be talking about playing something like Counter-Strike for all I know. Oh yeaha, there is a nother whole can of worms, right there, video games? The victims of Columbine shootings tried to sue the video game industry saying they are partly at fault because of the violance that is portrayed in these games! Come off it folks, it is just a friggan game! But I digress.

All I can say is you live and you learn. I guess you'll just need to be more careful about what you say and talk about while at school. 14.gif

----------------

On 2/3/2003 10:30:53 PM prodj101 wrote:

yeah, they say those maryland snipers used the game Halo on X-Box to "hone their sniping skills." CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW SHOOTING A PLASMA RIFLE AND A FUSION CANNON IMPROVES YOUR ABILITY TO SNIPE IN REAL LIFE?!!!!

----------------

Yeah, I heard that story myself. Funny how those wonks are now silent when it is found out that there was no connection to video games to the sniper shootings after all. That whole crap about video games being evil is nearly as old as the video games themselves. I still very clearly remember all the hulaboo back in the "PacMan" days (I am 33 years old, so I grew up during the so called "Golden Age" of video games). This is my opinion on the whole videogame issue. If somebody is that influenced by a video game, there are other problems. I, as well as nearly everyone I know, are sane enough to realize that it is just a game - nothing more than a bunch of numbers run through a computer, a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Also, people, espeically parents, needs to take some reponsibility. Why should I be denied access to a particlular game just because some idiot thinks it is to violent and should not be allowed for the public to access it. Who's right is it tell me what I can or cannot play, read, listen to, watch, etc? I am a grown adult and I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions as to what I want to read, watch, play, listen, etc. Whew, time to get off that soapbox!

----------------

On 2/3/2003 11:11:24 PM prodj101 wrote:

my friends dad has a shirt that reads "if video games really effected the way people behaved, all middle aged adults would spend their time running through tunnels eating dots" and on the front it had a big pac man. it was worth a laugh.

----------------

nice! I would love to see that shirt myself!

Over the last three years, out school has turned into what us, the students called the best public school EVAR into a Polish Concentration Camp. If you are 1 second late to class - tardy - detention. If you get 5 (like the 5th one) unexcused absences for the semester, you LOSE ALL CREDIT for that semester. They have all the administration standing in the halls looking for late students so they can get their detentions. The dress code is turning into something I would expect at a religious school in the 1800's - girls have to change into PE cloths or go home if you can see any skin or anything like that. ANY bad or semi-bad verbal stuff is either detention or suspension.

I feel your pain. I just try to get A's out of school and nothing more. When people ask me why I don't do extracurricular activites, I gave them a dirty look and walk away. I might also ad that school activity participation is rock bottom, everyone is getting fed up with our freaking Nazi school.

The kicker is we have the lowest violence/problem rate in the STATE and yet they need to treat us like a getto school. There are HUNDREDS of $1,000,000+ homes within 10 minuites of the school. We have no issues at the school.

The halloween prank this year was...TP'ing the trees outside the school. Even the jackasses are getting sick of the school and can't top the $15,000 in damages they did last year3.gif - BTW, it's not because of the administration the prank wasn't as bad, the students are getting better and better as the area gets nicer.

Basically, I hate the school and I am hoping as I sit here, the gym will fill up with natural gas and I will hear a BIG explosion from 2.7 miles to the West of my house, where the school is.

Damn, I am so glad to be in the working world and only having 1 semester before university. Then I will truely be a grownup 9.gif

yea our new princepal is a bit of a skin-nazi...

she has this policy about "no midrift"

which sucks.. but most girls just ignore it and there are so many of them proudly displaying thier abdominals that she just cant do much about it... ah teenage years...

although one girl was wearing pants that slit up to the waist on the sides... she had to sit in the nurses office all day. and she hates the low rise jeans my girlfriend wears.

being late in our school is no big deal... specially not for me, the teachers like me.

i've been on time to spanish like 16 times this year lol.

and we do have hall monitors, but i have fun going places passless and trying to either talk/sneak my way around.... more fun that way >=)

aiiii well i'm gonna head to school now and talk with my guidance counselor, if he lets me attend school and wait to be evaluated thursday by a shrink that shares a mutual friend with my mother, then i'll go to him... otherwise its off to bridges mental crisis center for me!.

IMA GO GET ME A HEADCHECK!

12.gif