Bailing out, stuff for sale

TBrennan

I'm bailing out of my involvement in this hobby and stripping back to basics. I'm selling some equipment. I don't want to ebay this stuff and figured I'd give you fellas the first shot at it.

2 gorgeous custom built Altec 825 cabinets with excellent 515B woofers. A5 bottoms. Price $1200 the pair

2 Altec 288K-8 compression drivers $300 the pair

2 Altec 1005 "Hollywood" tar-filled multi-cell horns. These are cooler than the later aquaplas damped horns and were only made to 1954 and in Hollywood before the move to Anaheim $300 the pair

2 550hz Edgar saladbowl horns with JBL 2470 drivers. The 2470s had aluminum Radian diaphragms installed by a JBL trained tech and were properly "bumped in". $550 the pair

2 JBL Pro 4648 bassbins. Each has 2 15"s , model 2226. $600 each

2 JBL LE-175 1" compression drivers with JBL horns with acoustic lenses $350 the pair

2 Altec 806 "green" compression drivers in mint condition with 511B horns. $500 the pair

2 JBL 076 "catseye" horn tweeters $500 the pair

2 JBL 2427 compression drivers $350 the pair

2 "Hollywood" Altec 803A 15" woofers. Both made in 1957, one black crackle other hammertite green. $200 the pair

2 Altec original 800hz, 16 ohm crossovers $150 the pair

2 Fisher SA-100 stereo power amps. $350 each

1 ASL MGS whatever-the-hell 15wpc single-ended integrated amp $350

1 Harmon-Kardon tube receiver $50

Everything works and works well. You pay shipping and packing. Sales around Chicago or within distance that you can pick-up are preferred. Email me for photos and detailed info irishtom29@hotmail.com

Just when I plunged into all these monster speaker ideas it seems the old time heroes of the Altecs are jumping ship. First Mark and now you. Is this how I will end up....man I haven't even moved these things into the house yet and now I see the once true believers deserting the ship. I am starting to feel like I am stuck back in the dark ages or something. I can still hear your words of praise regarding the 515 woofer ringing in my ears.....

Now that I have your attention, let me get some ideas about crossover possibilities for my tri-amp behemoth.

How would you go about setting up crossovers for a tri-amp system. I know that there are electronic/active crossovers and that may be a good start to find out just where the best points are, also I will be able to tweak time delay. I already have a Rane that I will experiment with. How did you deal with this?

c7s