diy CornBelle's finished

Awhile back I obtained the internals, drivers, horns and crossovers from a 1979 set of Belle's. After researching Belle's a bit I decided they were too complicated for my first DIY build so I decided on an Early Cornwall style. This required me to obtain a pair of K-600 horns to replace the K-500's which would not fit in the Cornwall cabinet. I worked on them every chance I could for the last month and I am in love with the result. Thought I would share a few progress pics...I had to break them up due to the 2mb limit.

4.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Jdvann
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am blown away everytime I listen to them... Their volume and clarity seems to have no limit. I haven't decided on risers yet as they are already pretty heavy.

Edited by Jdvann

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, avguytx said:

So what crossover did you end up using?  A Belle crossover?  

Belle inspired clones aren't too hard of a build.  ;)

image.jpeg.63b1261857e2acf12cf09247897ed511.jpeg

I used all the original components including the crossover except the K500, I went with the K600. Those Belle clones are beautiful. Awesome job!

Edited by Jdvann

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 3:32 PM, JDJohnson said:

They look really good. How does the Belle crossovers sound in the Cornwall? Aren’t they different designed crossovers, one for a horn loaded woofer and the other for direct radiator woofer?

They actually sounded amazing, but I recently upgraded to the Crites Type-B2 "Silver" crossover and I am extemely happy. Better and balanced is the best way to describe it. The mid horns were shouting a bit compared to now.

• Like 2