We bought a Plasma!

Kain

LOL....I'm readng through this thread and each time someone rails on Kain, his next post doesn't even give a clue that his chops have been busted. Too funny.

Anywho...I just threw away a 25" NEC (the fly back transformer could no longer be repaired and no one wanted the thing) that I bought back in 1986 or '87. Up until it went KABLOOEE, it had great color. And to think I paid something like $1000 for it. Can you imagine that? A grand for a 25" color TV!! Of course, it was one of the few sets that had preamp outs for stereo and more than one video input. But still...wow...a thousand dollars.

BTW, in Kain's photos....is that the new Klipsch acoustically transparent plastic shrink wrap I've been hearing about??3.gif

Tom Adams

----------------

On 2/26/2003 2:17:13 PM Tom Adams wrote:

LOL....I'm readng through this thread and each time someone rails on Kain, his next post doesn't even give a clue that his chops have been busted. Too funny.

Anywho...I just threw away a 25" NEC (the fly back transformer could no longer be repaired and no one wanted the thing) that I bought back in 1986 or '87. Up until it went KABLOOEE, it had great color. And to think I paid something like $1000 for it. Can you imagine that? A grand for a 25" color TV!! Of course, it was one of the few sets that had preamp outs for stereo and more than one video input. But still...wow...a thousand dollars.

BTW, in Kain's photos....is that the new Klipsch acoustically transparent plastic shrink wrap I've been hearing about??
3.gif

Tom Adams

----------------

I tend to "ignore" those posts in order not to "fuel the fire."

Secondly, those speakers have the plastic covering on them because they are not in use (yet). We still need to get the amplifier, preamp/processor, and DVD player.

----------------

On 2/26/2003 2:29:05 PM KAiN64 wrote:

----------------

On 2/26/2003 2:17:13 PM Tom Adams wrote:

BTW, in Kain's photos....is that the new Klipsch acoustically transparent plastic shrink wrap I've been hearing about??
3.gif

Tom Adams

----------------

I tend to "ignore" those posts in order not to "fuel the fire."

Secondly, those speakers have the plastic covering on them because they are not in use (yet). We still need to get the amplifier, preamp/processor, and DVD player.

----------------

"WE" as in you and your DADDY? We still need to get the amplifier, preamp/processor, and DVD player?

12.gif

----------------

On 2/26/2003 2:29:05 PM KAiN64 wrote:

I tend to ignore those posts in order not to fuel the fire.

----------------

For what it's worth Kain, you've done a great job of this over the last couple of months. Seriously.

Nice screen, we're all jealous.1.gif