Daughter Was Deployed Today

Gregorius

It's a dangerous policy, dont you think? The "Hey were pretty sure he's got weapons and he doesn't like us...Let's get him" approach.

North Korea has nukes, Columbia has drug lords, Cuba has Castro, China has even more Communists, Africa probably has three or four warlords rich off of diamonds with access to weapons, Mexico has our jobs, etc...A lot of people either don't like us, are a danger to us, or have interests that are just fundamentally incompatible with ours. Now obviously this is off the top of my head and I don't want to go too far down the slippery slope, but where do you draw the line? And at what point do we have to take into account the views of the rest of the world?

Just for your consideration...I can't pretend to have answers.

A few other points

I would like to respond to this:

"And your now-too-late rhetoric is NOT DOING THAT! THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT! Or, in your fervor to be able to vent your misguided opinions someplace, DID YOU NOT TAKE THE TIME TO NOTICE THAT BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF BY DOING SO ON THIS THREAD?????"

You can't call my opinions misguided, espouse your own, and then play "I'm taking the higher ground" by crticizing people who have used this thread to question the choice for war.

A forum member in a 2 Channel audio forum brings up the idea the he just watched his daughter leave for duty in the middle east. Several people get on with the obligatory "Godspeed" and "Best Wishes for safe return" response. This is expected. Then slowly, a few more hop on wishing her well and also adding their observations on the merit of service for our country.

The FIRST PERSON TO TOTALLY GET OFF THE SUBJECT OF GREG's DAUGHTER besides a throw away first line was none other than HDBRbuilder with a three paragraph personal expose of his stature in the military, both then and now, with his possible shipping duties.

Before that, we had Mike82 who wove in a lesson on the price of freedom as it relates the us and the World: "Freedom is not free. Thanks to your daughter and other dedicated Americans, we can enjoy our music, go where we want to, and choose what we want to do with our lives. Sadly, few get to experience the freedoms we have and many hate us for what we are and have. "

I am the one that jumped to the merit of the war a few posts down after seeing this thread. So blame me. I would do it again, especially after reading the response that was slowing building with the linkage of the idea that Freedom's cost was war and the notion that we were heading to Iraq and Saddam to "Give freedom" something I neither believe nor find convincing after reading the responses.

A few weeks before, Dean had posted a thread about his son in a terrible accident. Along with the sorries and well wishes came several changes of subject, many even followed by Dean. It was part of the thread. I saw nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I wouldn't have put either of these posts in here. But this forum is a bit different and I respect that. On the other hand, these threads have a life of their own and I see nothing wrong with discussion the merit of the war in a thread announcing a family member is heading off, as if this mere mention suddenly makes the thread a sacred ground. It seems the sacred ground became a launching ground for others to announce their involvement in the armed forces (the worst of which is another post by Andy directly to RangerRambo going into FULL army jargon and nomenclature, something I found highly ironic given this other stance on the sacred ground of this thread. That mess was COMPLETELY unnecessary and best sent in a private email ie, "I could end up in MOPP4...or, more likely...a BN or higher-level field TOC in Operations or the S2 shop! I am now just a good ole SSG again...with a primary of 11B, and a secondary of 11C...and jump wings on my chest...so you know what THAT means!! LOL! Dont worry, that's a direct quote. It's almost comical but here it resides in this sacred thread).

Regardless, we ALL care for soldiers, ours AND theirs, as well as the countless civilians that will be killed, many of them overseas in a far off place. The sad thing is they have no say so in the matter. Listen, we are moving in on a FIRST STRIKE of a nation! YEs, this nation has many circumspect practices, as do others. But we are taking aggression from an attack (9-11)that had nothing to do with Iraq, and dropping bombs, missles, and thousands of troops in THEIR counry! GET A GRIP, PEOPLE! OPEN YOUR EYES!!! I wonder how we would feel if this war was being held here (please dont compare 9-11 with the US in Iraq). I think this debate is VERY important and worthwhile and if it's contained in a thread that was a stretch for the two channel forum in the first place, then so be it.

I think we all feel for Greg, his family, and EVERY person called for duty. To me, it's a tragic waste in this case, unlike WW-II, which had a host of different circumstances, a differnce that seems elusive to many of these forum members.

kh

Kelly

My first post had everything to do with being deployed, and my understanding of Greg's daughter's situation...but it had NOTHING to do with standing on a soap box and preaching whether or not this war is gonna happen nor whether it is the right or wrong thing to do! SO kiss my azz you pompous moron!! Get it?????????

You do not determine how I choose to tell the other members my military situation...and your opinion of the method is just a continuance of your consistent attitude that everybody on his forum that is not of your opinions ALL THE DAMNED TIME, is automatically put into your "forum loon" category!!

Who the hell do you think you are, anyway??

NOTE: Andy rewote the post this was replying to above.

That post was uncalled for as are your absolutely OFFENSIVE comments that are FAR WORSE than any intelligent discourse in here. You have reduced this thread to utter BASE, ignorant, bombast.

The hypocrasy is so thick, it's painful. A good half of your posts have been more guilty of bombast and ugliness than ANY of mdeneen's posts, not to mention the others. And your reactions have been over the top.

kh

Kelly, Well thank the Lord you finally got it!! And believe me...you deserved it! As for ignorant bombast, Kelly, you have GOT to hold the damned forum record for that!! You think you are so high and mighty you think everybody is far beneath you...but you are NOT CORRECT! The vast majority of what I have seen from you lately was not worth your time to even type it! But write it you did! Get a damned life!

I never claimed NOT to be "lewd, crude, abusive and socially unacceptable"...as a matter of fact, I freely admitted it just yesterday! So your opinion of my comments is no real news, Kelly! If you were to take a bit of time to be LESS condescending towards others, and more of what you have shown you CAN be at times, you would be much better off!

I have tried and tried to get you folks to "get a clue" as to how a soldier feels in this situation and to act appropriately...but SOME of you just DO NOT, nor EVER WILL get it!! May God help you!!

"I could end up in MOPP4...or, more likely...a BN or higher-level field TOC in Operations or the S2 shop! I am now just a good ole SSG again...with a primary of 11B, and a secondary of 11C...and jump wings on my chest...so you know what THAT means!! LOL!"

Translation: "Greg, wish your daughter godspeed and all the best!"

And there you go. Its a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Andy...you did soapbox with me and tell me why war was the right thing to do.

Whether it is eico vs. scott, harmon kardon vs. the world, or u.s. vs. iraq, it seems that many would rather chest thump than exchange ideas.

I hope everyone comes home safe, but I wish you wern't there. I'm outta this.

Kev...show me where I said it was right. I was attempting to explain the situation and why you didn't see pictures of the VX that I know he has...but don't worry...you sit there and watch him deploy it on us in the tv news while sitting comfy in your living room armchair...then you will be a believer! OK? Just remember...whatever he deploys on us is less you have to worry about somebody deploying on you someday! Then you can thank us for getting it instead of you!

Kelly, thanks for your last post! I knew that I could count on a pompous azz like you to take a statement I specifically made to Ranger much later on in this thread, and twist it to suit your needs. That is just like you!! Typical Kelly, 100%!!! Your last post not withstanding, many of the members on this thread may want to go to the very first post I made on this thread and read it, in order to see what I had to say about Greg's daughter's situation, in the very first line of that post! I will let them draw their own conclusions about it...since your conclusion is colored by your desire to be an azz!!

----------------

On 2/28/2003 2:08:46 PM mobile homeless wrote:

"I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew out worthless and inflammatory rhetoric. !"

----------------

Translation: "I'm a pompus a$$, that likes to spew off worthless and inflammatory rhetoric."

Ranger Rambo

First of all, it's amazing what one can do with cut and paste, and one rather mediocre sentence. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess. My, what the computer age has wrought. Quantity over quality is the new adage.

Simply put, if I were to judge the mental capability of our armed forces by the two previous posters, a gross generalization but one that came to mind, it would be a cause for some serious worry. One question: Does military training have anything to do with this malady? I sincerely hope not. I am just trying to conjure up a vision of 100,000 like-minded foreign individuals in my country, shipped over to "make things right." It's a horrifying thought.

Ranger...now THAT was funny!

Kelly...there ya go...being condescending yet again, you pompous azz! I'll put my mental capability up against yours any day of the week! I would LOVE to watch you attempt to do some of the things I have had to do on a regular basis!! Kelly in a forward Airborne Infantry Battalion Tactical Operations Center, running the show SUCCESSFULLY during a fluid battlefield scenerio...24/7...7 days a week! That would be a riot!! You wouldn't last a day!!

Kelly...I don't need to post the insult, actually...since so many others have been saying the same thing about you for so damned long! LOL! It isn't really any major news to most of them!

FYI: "100,000 individuals"...pay attention, Kelly...we already have over 200,000 over there and more being sent every day!! It is too late to turn back now!

It does seem to be common retort for those that have problems coming back with a well-thought out logical response. String together three sentences that dont sound like a raccoon, and you are a pompous ***. Fine. I am a pompous ***. Fortunately, there are many others that have said otherwise and also recognized some of the points as being worthwhile.

You called mdeneen a pompous *** as well, more than a few times within this thread. It makes for a convenient comeback. I did refer to the quality of some of these posts in here. In my view, many were poorly argued as well as poorly written and conceptualized. But the written word and the content within is held in mighty low esteem here, at least by more than a few I have seen. On the other hand, there have been some VERY well written posts on both sides. Still, when something strikes me as stepped in ignorance and poor logic, not to mention held high on a flag pole, American or not, it bothers me. So I'm a pompous ***. I guess so. Let that be a given.

kh

That's the whole damned point Kelly...you are ALWAYS finding things that in your opinion are "stepped in ignorance and poor logic"...all over the 2-channel section! And you immediately feel the need to tell people that! Whether it is the right place for it or not! And whether they give two hoots about your opinion or not! It just doesn't matter to you...you just spout off! And it makes you appear to be a condescending pompous azz! I have tried and tried to get you to see that in othe rposts...but you just shove off blame on others, and backpaddle with flowery meaningless rhetoric..and continue on in doing the same thing over and over! Wake the hell up!! You are a knowledgeable individual with much to offer, but sometimes you offer it up where it just isn't wanted!! GEEZ!!

Mdeneen, good post and a bit of positive reinforcement. I only hope that carries away from your experience and more across the board. My very first post in this thread was acknowledging the military and how hard a job it is. If a majority of the military leadership acted as you portrayed, that is a good thought to hold. I just have been disheartened by some of the comments from a few of those that wave their membership flag pretty high. Mainly, that comment in the post was a bit of a retort, however. The military, like any other huge organization, if filled with so many types of individuals, it's probably not even countable. But if 30% held the standards you just set, it would be good thing.

kh

MDeneen, I am not part of a forward air control 24/7 either...never have been...that is airforce job...LOL! And I have always taken my role to be to successfully complete the assigned mission in the shortest amount of time, with the least possible loss of life! And then, to utilize the commander's intent of the overall operation to continue into the next mission phase in order to continue the fluidity of the operation in the favor of our side! That is what it is all about! I tend to call it as I see it...often crudely...but my candor is normally welcome among the staff's and personnel I have worked with or commanded! Whenever they needed something done...they knew I was gonna make it happen for them! That is my style! I am not a medal hunter, could care less about that! I never led from the rear...never will...I have always stood side by side with anybody I was in charge of...doing everything they did..with them...and often doing without so they would not have to! So think whatever you will of me...I really don't care...in the whole scheme of things it just really has no importance! Those who really know me personally appreciate me...and I appreciate them..that is what is important to me! Nothing else much matters. I have no family...just me. I like to be of help when I can...in anything I do! If I make a promise, I make sure it happens! I call it as I see it...that is me. I am nowhere near perfect, but I do my best. I trust in my God, and hope that the life I lead will give me a chance at something better after death! I try to be a good person...that's all I can do! If that isn't enough for some of you...then, frankly, it doesn't really matter! It is a much higher power who will make the final decision about me and my life anyway!

well...Kelly...like I said...it doesn't really matter...I have reams of papers saying "Continually exceeded requirements" about me...and I treasure those bits of my life much more than the opinions some of you have of me!! I know what I have done in the past, and I know much of what I can do in the future, God willing...and I always give it my best effort...and that in itself is my greatest PERSONAL reward...knowing I have given it my best effort! I feel good about myself!