Vintage HH Scott Preamp

NOSValves

I got my 222D from him and ditto the good experience. Packaging was so good, it went from my house here on the left coast, to Ohio, to Pa and back to Ca. in the same boxes!

He also usually has a buy it now price, which seems fair.

Now here's something that he has that made me drool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14973&item=3009940855

That is the exact wrong speaker cable for those beasts, in my opinion. Perhaps it's a good thing for the KT-88 versions but I always found that version of MIT to be thick and slow sounding, ironically, just as it looks (especially with tube gear). I'm sure he likes the looks of it (Man's wire?).

I'd go for the model with the EL-34/6550/KT-88 ability for interest sake, and the fact that the EL-34 is a very endearing tube. By endearing tube, I mean it has more of the traditional midrange warmth and lush quality and is not as sterile sounding a tube as the KT-88.

kh

Personally I like this seller he is straight forward and very honest !! But I wouldn't buy either one of these sets of Marks. There rebuilt but not the way I would do them ! They are completely stock rebuilds except the switch for the EL-34/KT-88 use which like Kelly if buying a set of these this would be the ones to buy. But to get the best out of these beast they would still need several hundred dollars of work. The stock Dynaco front end leaves allot to be desired and also the stock PS setup is very weak and puts out some seriously flabby bass. With the right mods Mark III's can really shine !! They still sound great stock but they can be so much more. Your much better off buying bone stock Originals for $500 or so and starting from scratch.

Craig