Awesome concert last night in my living room!

Paulis

I am just totally impressed with my new Klipsch surround sound. I'm actually new to the whole HT experience and I'm just loving it.Last night I popped in the new James Taylor Live DVD and cranked it up. It was amazing! My RF-311s performed exceptionally well, and they have'nt even been broken in yet. The little SC1 center even surprised me. Klipsch really captures the live sound.

I have a set of rf3's in my bdrm,best speakers I found in their price range.I liked em' so good I got 7's for my den.I highly recommend the rc3/7/,rs3/7 to timbre match.Hey,you still got more fun/debt to look forward to.

I too had a concert in my living room last night, except no video.

This came in the way of Alan Parsons "On Air" 20-bit DTS disc. I was blown away by the sound quality of this disc. The whole time I was totally immersed in the sound. The use of the surround channels is most impressive. I have many DVD Audio disc and 90% of them sound damn good. However, this DTS disc is right up there. Alan Parson's use of this new medium is exceptional so if you do not own this disc, go buy it!

2.gif

Yeah, I love these concert DVDs. The James Taylor I have is "Pull Over." I bet the super bit concerts sound awesome. I also bought the new Alanis Morrisette Live "Feast On Scraps."

I did see some of the Eagles DVD at sears when I was looking at their televisions - I might want to buy that one. Can anyone else suggest some good concerts out there? I'm into all kinds of music.

Two excellent concerts DVD's are Neil Young's Silver and Gold and the Band's Last Waltz..The NY dvd is a full set of acoustic music featuring songs from his superb Silver and Gold cd and a few songs from the past. One of the greatest guitarists of all time..The Last Waltz is another incredible concert featuring The Band, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, The Staples, Ronnie Hawkins etc etc.. Directed by Martin Scorcese, it's a visual masterpiece with great behind the scene footage..This is a must see if you like music....

Roger Waters, "In The Flesh" DD

The Who, "Live at Royal Albert Hall" DD and DTS

Eric Clapton, "One More Car, One More Rider" DD and DTS

Roy Orbison, "Black and White Nights" DD and DTS

All great concerts, all recorded well.

PhilH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I purchased Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live this week and thought it was done well. Also, for a dose of progressive rock and roll, try King Crimson's Deja Vroom. Tony Levin plays bass on both. He is a striking figure and is one of the premier bass players of the day. Check out his work on the Warr touch guitar.

I have to disagree (albeit subjectively) with PhilH regarding Clapton's "One More Car One More Rider." I really didn't enjoy that concert that much. While technically sounding great, I thought the whole concert had way too much of a poppy upbeat feel; every song except for "Wonderful Tonight" sounded very much the same to me. I know it's a live concert and it's good for the sake of continuity to have a common sound to carry throughout the performance, but I think in doing so he emasculated the original songs. Just my two cents though; can anyone else comment on this ? I've listened to this concert several times, and I really want to like it, but I'm just not feeling it.

matt

What? How can you not enjoy Billy Preston dancing to "Will it go round in circles"??. Anyway, I agree that there have probably been better performances. The problem with a lot of the EC stuff out there though was questionable recording quality due to age of concert, etc. This latest one is a clean recording with DD and DTS options. Unfortunately,poor to average recording quality plagues a lot of great performances out there transferred to DVD. Neil Young (listen to the "new" release of "Rust Never Sleeps" that even has a DTS choice), Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Queen, etc. all have some great concert videos but play those antiquated recordings through a revealing system, and even a "digital remastering" can't save them. It still is tough to "clean up" an older recording, even with today's technology. BTW, that King Crimson DVD is a good one too. Slightly compressed with some wierd voice and instrument placement at times, but a great disc nonetheless.

PhilH