Denon vs. Marantz

Kain

Marantz was the "first" bench tested A\V Receiver that actually put out the wattage it stated. On a "musical" side Marantz covers the whole range, the highs, mids, & lows. Any A\V Receiver can do HT, 5-channel, Dolby ProLogic, Neo6, etc etc all sound "fields" and typical of ANY A\V Receiver, how is the quality of music...and NOT just digital...

The Marantz and Denon are sweet units....

Marantz wins...IMHO....1.gif

Kain,

You are asking about several fine receivers.At this level of quality,you will probably get positives from their owners.My Marantz 9200 makes me happy every day,especially coupled with a Marantz DV8300.I have heard the Denon,think it is a top-notch receiver,but haven't heard it with Klipsch speakers to make an A/B comparison(let alone in the same environment).I encourage you to consider the Marantz.I can say that it is far sweeter with Khorns than my Pioneer VSX-D1S (same room,same speakers,cables),although this is,in my mind an apple/orange comparison.You would probably be happy with either one.1.gif

I bought a denon 4800 to start with or I should say ordered. I kept it for a couple of months and really wanted to like it. In the end I decided it was poorly designed and went to the trouble of sending it back and getting a Marantz 8000.

Immediately I could tell a difference in every way - sound, design, quality. It was quite apparent and frankly I'm always a little suprised to see so many denon afficianados. Denon has great web site and marketing department I guess.

Proud owner of a Marantz SR-19 EX. Love it. Tried the Denon first, but took it back, tried the Marantz and kept it. Almost 2 years and no desire to upgrade. Music sounds wonderful and movies are as realistic as it gets.

SSH, Don't feel bad about the Pioneer VSX-D1S, I owned the VSX-9900S(old 35mm photo), what a friggin brute! I have attached a photo from 93 when I brdiged an Adcom GFA-535(running Hersey's) and a GFA-585LE(Khorns)with that puppy....ELITE was elite back then....OH YEAH...4 channel ProLogic....lets rock....Pioneer now a days...now thats funny...eh BruinsRme......

Whell that 19EX is sweeeetttttt....1.gif