klf30 question

easylistener

easylistener,

i had bought a pair of the RF-3's and then found a pair of KLF-30's at a local pawn shop a week later for $600....

after having them both in my living room for 2 weeks, i sold the RF-3's to a friend of mine....

they are not video shielded so you can't put them right next to your tv....but i feel that they have a much bigger sound with an incredible amount of bass....

i never use my sub when listening to music....

$900 is a great deal for the KLF-30's....

russ

In Canada the KLF30's sold for about C$3000.00 a pair (new). The RF7 now runs about C$3300.00

I have seen KLF30's sell on eBay in the U$1100.00 - U$1300.00 range.

The price you have been offered sounds pretty good. I have the 30's and love them. The only speaker that I would use to replace them would be a set of Klipschorns.

A friend of mine here in Seattle has a pair of these with a Marantz receiver. They have SLAMMM and pound like a mother.

You might want to try them with your Denon first though. He said they can be too much on the highs for some if the receiver isn't warm like a Marantz or such.

Russ, I have a pair I have been wanting, although not trying, to sell to a BB member for some time. I did have a buyer, but he backed out and I didn't put much effort forth to sell except for a couple of references in posts. I want $900 and I think shipping would be $200 to them northern parts. I just have no room with my theater, 2-channel, and bedroom system, all under 1 roof.

• 5 years later...