110db, no distortion, no clipping, no kidding!

Deang

----------------

On 3/30/2003 1:15:48 AM jt1stcav wrote:

(any horns?).

----------------

Of course! 9.gif Well, only horn tweeters... Odds are I won't get to build for quite some time, but I can dream until then. When finished, they will stand around 54" tall. 9.gif What can I say... two things I like in audio/electronics world big speakers and big capacitors. Of course the sound is important too. lol

Dude...sweet!9.gif

"If you build them, they will listen!"

They'll be monsters at 54" tall. And horn loaded to boot. C'mon now, get crackin' on these things...time's a'wastin'!3.gif Good luck when you finally get around to it.

One of these days I'll need to get an SPL meter. I do know that while at the So Cal Horn club meeting, Dr. Edgar had his horns set to about 90 some db (he had a meter) and I found myself wanting to reach the volume control for more...

BTW, Dean...that's a work of art! Awsome system...I like all the tube rolling accessories on the side too!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys your posts have been the most reassuring. Most my family and friends think that I listen to music at insane levels claiming "I can hear it as I drive up in my car" or "all my skin was flapping to the beat" ...etc... (too much loose skin? 9.gif )

With my current setup, I haven't taken he volume past 0db (it's a THX unit 0db supposed to = reference) which will give about 115db on my meter, depending on the music (stereo).

If anything, I'd say I'm quite modest...

Rob

PS: this is getting me thinking about tubes again... 2.gif