THAT'S IT... I will never buy another speaker off ebay again... Now guess what.

m00n

The belles that Frzninvt is selling here on the BB are very trustworthy, LIKE NEW, just by looking at the pic, theres not even dust on them, he keeps his Klipsch like new!

To bad hes in Vermont. Otherwise they would be sold already

Good luck on the K-horns bud, i hope all is well with them!

Regards Jim9.gif9.gif

Those VT Belles are beautiful (it's too damn cold up there for dust)! I'd love to have 'em, but I need money first before I can buy anything. Hope the Klipschorns he's aquiring are in as nice a shape as his Belles. Too bad poor m00n can't sell his bad luck Belles in exchange for VT's oak beauties!

I don't blame m00n one bit for feeling the way he does about shopping on eBay, but I have never had a single problem yet with anything I've bought (or sold) on eBay...it's just the luck of the draw, I suppose.

Hang in there m00n. Your Forum buds are here for you!1.gif

Eh.. All will be good... I just finished putting my second coat of oil on them. You guys were right about the veneer soaking that stuff up.

I am blown away at how a little oil and steel whool can turn them from drab, dry and almost chaulky looking to nice and rich looking.

I am looking forward to seeing how they will look after I bleach them. I got the idea from bigdnfay. After seeing what he did with his belles, I have no reason to doubt he knows what he is talking about. 1.gif

----------------

On 4/7/2003 11:26:14 AM Scipio80 wrote:

Hey m00n,

sorry about all the ebay nonsense, it sounds like the seller really got swindled since she said she had the speakers tested.

Oh, and can you thank your infocus neighbor for me? I just got an x1 and i absolutely love it!

----------------

Yeah, I have offered many times to send her that driver that was blown. I guess the guy who came out and tested the belles is going to give her 1/2 her money back. I spoke to her over the weekend cause I still had not recieved my check for the replacement driver yet.

I should be getting my new tweeter diaphrams here in the next day or so I would imagine.

Anyway, sure I will thank him for you. Not sure what you want me to thank him for but sure. 1.gif

Hey Moon, sorry about your aggravation, but if you hang in there, I think you're gonna be real happy. As for the price, look at it this way; You are still only into your belles for about half of what new ones would set u back - plus tax! And at least your seller didn't pull an Osama and disappear.

I agree with James. You are gonna be pleased with their sound. Several members have encountered problems with their speakers after receipt...some seller related and some due to intransit damage. Many times it's difficult to reach a definite conclusion as to which applies. Don't be discouraged, you are making excellent progress.

BTW - your work on their finish looks great!

Wes

m00n,

Given the luck I've had trying to buy Belles (seeking Oil Oak), you should consider yourself lucky. Two frustrating tries later and I'm still Belle-less......I've only seen three such pairs offered for sale in the last year, and on two of those pairs I got beaten to the punch.

I'd give a left nut to have an Oil Oak pair with two bad drivers. Yeah, I know it's frustrating to not get what you thought you paid for, but in the grand scheme of things, you still got a good deal.