Things have changed just as i thought

Your kidding me right?

Greg's post to my initial response was:

"Dean,

You are right there! In our county they can override your parental authority and put your children into foster care. You just have to stand up to them.

Regards,

Greg"

You respond with:

"...Let's not turn another thread into another bottomless political sinkhole...I hear enough of this BS on Radio and on TV...Give it a rest and let's stick to audio."

If that's not acting as a self appointed moderator and censor -- I don't know what is.

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about above. What "extreme" religious/political views were being expressed in this thread? And who is restricting your opportunity to respond if it were?

There was nothing inherently "political" about the posts until you made them such, as evidenced by the posts that followed -- and none of them (yours included) had absolutely anything to do with addressing statements in Jim's post. What the hell is wrong with some friendly advice between members on personal issues, or an affirmation by another member on the given advice?

What I really don't understand, and have never understood -- is someone reading through a thread dealing with an issue they have no real interest in, or find offensive -- and then posting something to the effect, "Now, now, let's talk about audio." I just don't see any point in this. If a thread is discussing things of no interest to you, or are non-audio related -- then why not go another thread?

Forums are built around virtual relationships, and so are dynamic in nature. Things are naturally going to come up that are not audio related. People have developed a sense of comfort and trust with each other here, and this is bound to be taken advantage of.

Last month, in two-channel, you said:

"2-Channel Audio is starting to look like General Forum v. II. Non -audio political/religious threads/rants should be restricted to the General Forum."

Well, here we are in the General Forum -- so what's the problem?

At any rate, you seem to have no problem posting in threads dealing with non-audio related topics, and I would appreciate it if you extended the rest of us the same courtesy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 friends who are bi polar I lost track of it is really a tough cross to bear.

1. MEDS are more important than breathing as my BP friend told me.

2. A super healthy diet may help with brain chemistry in my subjective opinion. It cannot hurt.

I have it easy.

My 14 year old son has...

9.5 grade level math skills

7 grade reading

4.5 grade writing

He has a pretty common form of dyslexia called dysgraphia.

I have studied many of these afflictions in some detail.

I will take a learing disability over a brain chemistry problem any day of the week.

It qualifies you guys and your spouses for sainthood.

An apolitical statement from the twlight zone.

Rick

Dean

It is clear that it is not necessary to quarrel with your take on any given issue in order to have you go on the warpath. Apparently all that is required to set you off is that anyone dare suggest that politics and/or religion be taken outside.

The funny part is that I was not specifically referring to you when I suggested that the political crap be taken elsewhere - our posts crossed in the thread as it were. You were posting as I was typing !

I was referring to the fact that lately it has been very difficult to post in this forum without running the risk that somebody would find a way to turn the thread into a platform to expound upon their particular political views and those political views have almost invariably been accompanied with personal insults. I admit that I let ForrestHump get under my skin and responded in kind to his insults - so I am not claiming absolute purity here either.

In any event I don't give a tinker's damn about what you do or do not believe. If you are right or if you are wrong - So be it !

That said...I still think that this forum should be for things audio and that religion and politics .... given their divisive and exclusionary nature... have no place here. That belief on my part is hardly censorship as you proclaim because I have no ability ( or desire come to that ) to enforce my beliefs upon anybody here.

I do however have the right to express my opinion so long as I remain civil and refrain from personal attack.

Oh, I see. I thought you were picking on me.9.gif

The personal attack bit is strange to me. Seems to make more sense to attack the idea which one thinks is 'bad', instead of the poor sap who's burdened with it. 2.gif

Rick 'Audio Flynn' just emailed me telling me how great records are, and that I need to move away from digital. It seems some people have no sense of decency.10.gif

----------------

On 4/5/2003 12:58:24 PM DeanG wrote:

My initial post was addressing a concern for Jim in the context of what he revealed. It had absolutely nothing to do with politics. Some of you seem to think any post not directly related to noise coming out of speaker is "politics".

----------------

I agree with you (and in fact I agreed with your posting on that). What you posted did indeed address a concern that Jim started. Things did not get out of hand until that clown "readabook" tried to start another Iraq War related politcal war on here. Fortuntantly, nobody took the bait. I hope I was not trying to interject that you started it, but somebody did indeed try to turn this thread into anothor political war.

Lynnm

You are my good freind, nothing against you what so ever,

Readabook is why i deleted and the only reason why!

Dean

I thank you deeply, for your reply , i resisted taking any meds, i now AM going to, thank you deeply, Ive had 11 strokes at 28, and with the Bi polar issue, i do need meds, you have convinced me!

The stress is past, the worst sress anyone could have ever for 3 years now!

My stomach is waisted!

I will fix this righ away!

This isnt about war, its about a fellow members health detierorating!

Anyway, my buddy is helping me, simply ,

our new k-horns are his, hes moving, im restoring them, for him, when im done he will fail to pay, 1 way or the other there staying LOL!

Im done with personal, thank you very much, the kids i work with at quiznos, are no good on advice LOL!

Best regards Jim

9.gif9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dean, With your record of discussing politics I would think you'd see Lynn's point & not want to further embarass yourself. 9.gif

Looks like readme started the next Liberal recycled rant. When you got nothin you got nothin to lose. 9.gif

Liberals can't speak anymore without crow feathers flying from mouth. 9.gif