LaScala Subs is it possible???????????????????

DVois

----------------

On 4/17/2003 12:33:44 PM DVois wrote:

How about cornwalls would they be better to use? Doug

----------------

Just buy a subwoofer Doug and be done with it. You'll have the speaker for the job and you can send me your La Scalas.

Regards,

Tony

ps. I'll even pay the shipping.

djk,

After reading a lot of your older posts, I came up with this idea, to add onto the bottom with even less of a mod to the cabinet. Other than making the LS taller. You already have a hole into the woofer chamber, so why not just add on to it?

Marvel

ps I even have a folder labeled ! I knew you would be flattered.9.gif

post-7149-13819246996622_thumb.jpg

Tony Boone

I did it your way, I went out and found a nice Velodyne F1500R. My home theater is now a pair of LaScala's for fronts - Vert. Cornwalls for Center Channels on their sides - Cornwalls I's for rears with the Velodyne Sub. It all sounds great and the Velodyne rocks the house.

Doug 9.gif9.gif9.gif

"Where is the detail at AudioAsylum.com on how to modify Lascalla's for better bass ? Its a big site!!"

Using the search function comes up with:

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=hug&n=4593&highlight=LaScala+vented+djk&r=&session=

"You already have a hole into the woofer chamber, so why not just add on to it?"

Great drawing Marvel! You have discovered the secret of the "You can 'try it before you buy it', meaning no cabinet mods to try it." statement.

djk,

Without the horn inside the cabinet, how deep should the base be? Could it just be made the same height as the top of the LS? That would give a bit more volume than you spec'd out. I could then adjust my drawing to suit. I think I made it the same height as the top, just for the fun of doing it.

Marvel

btw, I meant to say I had a folder labeled djk_wisdom. Sooner or later it comes in handy.

"Without the horn inside the cabinet, how deep should the base be? Could it just be made the same height as the top of the LS? That would give a bit more volume than you spec'd out. I could then adjust my drawing to suit. I think I made it the same height as the top, just for the fun of doing it."

I'm looking for a total net volume of about 4.8 cu ft. I figure the stock back volume is about 2.25 cu ft. Call it an internal height of about 9" (22.5 X 22.5 X 8.70 = 4404 cu in = 2.55 cu ft). Two 4" ID by 10" long ports displace about .15 cu ft so 10" outside is close enough.

Again, thanks for the info. We get DSL sometime in the next week or so, which means I can have some drawings done, and put them up on a personal web site without waiting quite so long for the uploads. Right now it is like waiting for Godot.

Plus, I haven't used True Space in close to a year, so I'll have to learn it all over.

Marvel