Found a pair of klipschorns...

Craighorn

I have found the klipschorns. A pair of 1991 vintage... mint condition. Original boxes and manuals. I should have them in 10 days...

I have AMC tube gear now... any recommendations for upgrades ? The stuff I have now is a class A tube pre-amp ( the 1030 ) and a 2100as amp... 80 WPC... 15 WPC in class A ... and the matching cdb-8 tube cd player...

Thanks !

Don't worry about upgrading that front end until you hear your AMC stuff with the K-horns. You may end up liking the way it sounds. After you have it all together for a few months, you can begin assessing where you want to go with it.

Congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love them.

As far as electronics, I'm not an amp guy. OTOH, most people seem to head in the direction of the gear you have as an upgrade from most other situations.

Gil

Congratulation. Just use them for a couple of months to get use to their wonderful sound. Then you will have a better reference point as to whether component upgrade or other changes are required. First concentrate on getting properly sealed into good corners.

You may want to consider saving for a pair of SET Monoblocks. Moondogs or Laurels if you feel your musical taste requires extra wattage. Klipschorns and SET...Sweet!

Know you are gonna have fun!

Gary - Keep me informed on the Cornwall search... thanks for the well wishes... I will keep you informed when I see more Cornwalls on the web.

Thanks to all for the advice to play with the AMC stuff... it really is a bargain... new - it is about $1200. I may be having some of the " it was not expensive... do can't be great stuff " attitude. I will let all know how things sound. This is going to be fun !

I found the k-horns on audiogon... for those who have not tried that site... it is great... check it out !