Looking for Vintage Klipsch

jnauck

Here is a good place! Also try typing the Klipsch models that you are looking for into the search strings on Yahoo, Google, Hot Bot, etc. Also try Audiogon, Audioweb, AudioReview. Check your local paper, etc. Some motivated seaching can yeild good results, place WTB ads on some of these sites.

----------------

Check your local paper

----------------

Yup... i do all the local papers (online) and local online classifieds... Vintage Klipsch offer a big sound but in a BIG package, so transport can sometimes be significant. Unfortunately this method is slow ...

Jim's right.

Check out Audio Classics.

I know for a fact they currently have many different models in stock.

Granted, your not going to pay "e-bay" prices.

They do have them priced accordingly.

But, they stand behind their products and offer a trade in and/or layaway program.

The other day, I was talking with Frank Gow about finding drivers for my KG4s, Kappa9s, and ML1Cs.

He said they have several pairs of Klipsch for sale. (But no KG4 parts.) :(

Another thing that has worked for me, as mentioned above, is to place a want ad in your local paper.

My favorite, "Young audiophile in search of old heavy audio gear from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Cash paid." has got me my share of phone calls....and treasures.9.gif

Can be a pain in the butt trying to weed through the garbage stuff, though.

I've been searching for Vintage Klipsch a litle over a year and it's proven very successful.

Good Luck.

Regards,

John.

I just missed a pair or Heresys for $150 local. I was fired up and had cash in hand. Called him and was told they just left his house. Almost owned my first Heritage speakers.

I had to tell the guy he practically gave them away. He said he just wanted to sell them fast, HE DID.

• 3 years later...

I don't necessarily need a new set, Greg, but I have a question I need answered.

I have a pair of Heresy I speakers. My dad bought them for around $350 when I was in High School (1995). They came in raw birch and we fixed the corners and painted them black. Back then, I realized that the squaker on one of the speakers was deteriorating so I replaced both of them (I think). Later on, I replaced the tweeter diaphragms. They sound really good but I can't help but think that they don't sound the same-as if they're not properly matched (can't recall which one it is b/c we took off the labels on the back although they are consecutive serial #s. Do you think the problem is due to the components or should I just buy some new capacitors (2 uF Hovland Musicap or Audiocap Thetas, perhaps?) Sorry for the random email, but I'd be interested to hear your response.

Thanks a lot,

jnauck

P.S. In answer to your question, I am always looking for Heresys, esp. ones with the cabinets in great shape-borderline obsessive compulsive types such as myself can go insane refinishing any piece of furniture.

I would try my local pawn shops. I found my Forte Ii's for $300. I have bought several pairs of speakers at pawn shops and the cost is usually half of what you would pay on epay. The only thing is that this is a hit or miss proposition. If you don't see what you are looking for, ask the guy if he has any high end speakers coming out of pawn any time soon. They will usually tell you. The price they give you may be flexible, make an offer. Good luck. If you are in the Dallas area, I would think there would be tons of pawn shops there or in the suburbs.