decision has been made!!! ordering today or tomorrow

b-man1

I decided on going the RF-7 w/ RC-7. I just called my local dealer and was quoted:

RF-7 List $999/ea...he said $850/ea

RC-7 List $799...he said $675

Sound like a decent (authorized seller) deal? I can probably talk them down a bit more. I wish I had room for an RF-7 as a center channel since that center seems pricey for what you get.

hey b-man before you buy, check out brandnamez.com I just recently ordered my RF-5's from them and I got both for 1079 including shipping. I just checked their website and you can get the RF-7 for about 729 and center channel for 500 something. I believe they are authorized and some other people here have ordered through them prior.

Sam

How did your RF-5s look when they came? Everything go alright with shipping and how long did it take to get there? I am going to see a few local authorized dealers and if they are willing to come somewhere close to this site's prices then I will use them, if they are still way too high then I will buy from these guys online. I am a risk taker I guess, if I can save $500-$1000 after all is said and done by buying online then it's worth the risk IMO.

I would definitely go with the authorized dealer! You do not have to worry about where your Klipsch's came from, deal with S/N numbers modified, damage during shipping, etc. Also if there is a serious problem with your speakers it is a simple drive to your authorized dealer, as opposed to waiting weeks through UPS to deal with the website dealers. Also, what happens if an online retailer goes out of business? If your authorized dealer goes out of business you still have peace of mind that Klipsch will cover it for the full 5 years. These are the reasons I went authorized...and yes GREAT PEACE OF MIND!

FWIW, I paid $1339 for my RSW-15 from a local authorized dealer. IIRC, I paid around $1600 for my RF-7s from the same dealer. That's a little better than 25% off list. Maybe not as good a deal as mail order, but I got a Klipsch warranty, and didn't have to worry about shipping.

Shipping is something to really worry about.

The first 2 pair of my RF-7's were damaged.

Thankfully I bought them from an authorized dealer in town and all I had to do was throw them back in the van and return them. It would have been a real hassle to have to box them up twice and ship them back.

now the toughest choice is what color to get...black or cherry. the dealer did not mention blond maple...i need to find some pics and decide. the worst part is that they only have black in stock, so i'd have to wait up to 2 weeks for a different color choice. 14.gif

I know it's hard to wait when you're ready to make the plunge but it's worth it for something you will most likely own the rest of your life. Plus, I'm partial to a nice wood grain. Unless of course you prefer the black and it matches your decor. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

thanks to all for the input. i've decided on cherry. :)

my a/v stand is a nice Bell'O:

avsc2051mclarge.jpg

and the cherry should compliment it nicely. i noticed they have the exact same setup in a klipsch reference speaker brochure that i just picked up. the stand and rf-7/rc-7 are identical to what i want.

driving to the dealer today to get it all sorted out.

Hey Vital,

I just got my RF-5's today and it took about about 8 days for the day I ordered them to the day they arrived. The RF-5's came in doubled boxed and the speakers were in perfect condition. Original papers, boxes and even the plastic seal covering the entire speakers were enclosed. I ended up choosing brandnamez because they were the cheapest compared to other sites and also another forum confirmed a successful buying experience with them. Anyways I hope this helps in your decision. I saved about $600 bucks off of retail.

Sam