The new kid on the block

thepogue

Ok...well I guess I'll have to briefly say me "howde-do's"

I'm a long time posted @ AR.com and just last week picked up a pair of Forte's (my first Klipsch!) So I guess this is the place where I can learn a bit 'bout them. I do have another system but I'll get into that later. My first over all inpression is (oh me freaking ears hurt!!) lol these babies can crank!!! wow...we'll 'nuff for starters thanks fer lettin me butt in!!

Peace, Pogue

I'm from Hayes, VA which is in the tidewater area...

I'll give ya a lil more poopage on meself

I just picked up (stole is more like it!) my Klipsch Forte speakers (I'm really NOT sure it they are II's in fact I'm not 100% that they are Forte's!!!) I looked in the rear and souldn't see any indications.....I've been searching a bit...I'm at work now so I guess I'll need to measure the size of the rear bass driver...it really looks like a 15" but for that matter so does the front!!! the only thing I know is that the lady said "her brother" paid 1800 buck for them...I guessed they looked 10 years old or so...but that dones help much!! lol I also picked up 2 carver amps (tfm 35 and tfm 55) and a carver preamp.

I'm a firefighter by trade married, 3 kids, 43 yo's and have 3 other stereo systems (i know sic!) ahhhh what else....born in new england, irish and saved by grace!!! Amen!!

whew that's a mouthful!!! lol

Peace, Pogue

Hello Kiss -- err, Pogue -- You might have Chorus IIs speakers, if they have 15" woofer/passives on them. You can tell the difference between the Forte I and II also by the size of the midrange horn. The Forte I is much wider than it is tall. The Forte II mid horn is more square.

Specs for these are on the home page, under Home Audio / Classic. I have both Forte and Chorus - they will delight you and they will reveal any flaws in your system, so watch out!!

Doug

well doug I'm here at the fire house so i cant say fer sure...but I think that if i do have the forte its the I's...the mid/horn was not at all square...do the chorus look like the Forte?...because using this site as my guide mine look just the photo of the forte but I'm not sure if it has a 12" 0r a 15" driverI'm 100% sure its not a 10"...and sounds like a 29"..lol

either was it's quite a "new" sound for me...I'm running Paradigm 100's with an Adcom amp in my other sys.......I've been having a ball playing them both.....

that's an idea!!! I'll have to grab a cam here at work....and BLAM!!...i can attest to one thing they are the loudest thing i've ever heard!!...i mean they crank!!...i'm using carvers to mono block them best i can figure it like 325 into each speaker...lol...in a 12 x 12 room...lmao....my 17yo son is enjoying them now!!..whew...they are fun!!!!..i know they can never sound as good as they could in a bigger room...but maybe later...

nice meetin' you!!!

Poguei-2_B.JPGi-1.JPG

Welcome, Pogue! Anyone who loves Klipsch and Carver is A-OK in my book! What Carver equipment didn't I own? Three M-400t amps, TFM-35x, C-1, C-4000, TX-11, DTL-100, SD/A-450, a Carver baseball cap, and even the M-240 auto amp!

Glad to hear that you also appreciate other loudspeakers as well...I've also owned JBL and Magnepan (still got 'em and still love 'em)...what AR models do you have? My brother also owns both AR9 and AR11 towers (uses them for his HT, and they sound damn good as well).

If you can find the serial numbers stamped onto the top center edge of your Klipsch's backside (if your paper labels are missing on the backs), that will at least determine the age of your newly aquired Klipsch horn speakers (at least that's how we can identify Heritage Series loudspeakers...I'm not sure if Klipsch continued to serialize their later offerings that way, or if they still stamp their serial numbers like that today).

Good luck with your Klipsch, and enjoy!

By the way...those 901's probably did tower over the late "Hank the Angry Dwarf" (big Howard Stern fan, and proud of it, too)...LOL!9.gif

To the best of my knowledge, there are no serial numbers stamped in the edges of non-Heritage speakers. I own only non-Heritage, and I've never seen a s/n stamp on any of them.

Oh, and Pogue, you may be capable of putting 300+ watts into those speakers, but I'm guessing you're not running more than 10-20 before you have to leave the room.

Doug

Thanks for the correction on the serial number stamp, Doug...I have never owned any other Klipsch newer than my Cornwalls (and hope that will change real soon...it's still a secret, though, so SSSHHHHHHHHH).2.gif

thanks all fer the welcome...my speaks do have labels on the rear w/ serial numbers....i'll get them next time i'm home then I'll post them...I'm a fire capt. and work 24 on 24 off so it'll be thursaday 'for i get them...I wanted to gey my feet wet here a few days before i share the details on how much and how i picked up the system (Kilpsch/carver)....as for the "AR" I only owned a small book shelve AR (18s?) i was saying i was a long time poster over at audio review AR...i still post there but lots and lots of junk as of late...oh well ...just the ebb and tide..

I have other equipment Adcom, fisher, Norh, Parasound, MA sub, Paradigm, Pioneer, (i know...it's a sickness...lol) but I'm really excited 'bout the Klipsch (whatever model they are!! lol) they really do kick it!!...myfavsp.jpg

these taste....i mean sound pretty good too!! ;)

Peace, Pogue