I've got tracking #'s for the Cornwalls!

Craig6519

My recollection is that you have the later edition of Cornwalls...the Cornwall II's thus the binding difference. See the product web page. It lists these as timbre matched with the Academy and slightly different than the Cornwall I. I am curious to know if there is much of a timbre difference between the I's and II's.

Share some more listening impressions now and over the next few days. You should also experiment with placement. Near walls and corners the bass obviously gets a big boost. You could also try them out 3' from each wall or even along the long wall.

I recall your conrs are in magnificent shape. Congrats.

You may also want to check out Kelly's recommended components site for his glowing review of the EICO Tuner which would look good with your preamp. Search on EICO HF 81 and you should see it.

Craig,

Congrats on the safe arrival. I know they'll sound great but are they as beautiful in person as they were in the pictures? I hope your wife likes them too. Hope all is well with your son. What timing. As soon as you stop freaking out over one thing, something else takes its place.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Yet another gleeful Cornwall owner. You can always tell how happy the owner is by the "run-on" nature of the sentence after getting them....it always reads something like:

"omigod these Cornwalls are so awesome and the walls are shakin' and the volume is only on two and did I mention they are incredible"?????9.gif Hehehe....

You can always feel the emotion of the new owner in such posts......something I find to be very cool. Like your first girl or child, you never forget seeing them for the first time1.gif

So best wishes are in order for your new family members' arrival.....and best wishes to your son as well. Hope he gets well soon!

Ok I'm going to officially post my KLF-30's and C-7 in medium oak all for sale, Package price picked up $900.00 and these are in mint condition. I love the tube Cornwall sound and these speakers are beautiful. I've had my tube setup about a month now but it seems new again since I got the cornwalls.

Craig

Glad to here your son is OK...Had my appendix removed at 38, and of my many operations it was by far the most painfull on the recovery end. Can't wait to audition my Cornwalls, on the way via truck freight from Houston to Tampa. They are 109T015 and 109T014. Don't have the e-mail of the numbers with me but this has got to be close. I am assuming they are 1979?

MY NEW 2 CHANNEL SYSTEM

Cornwalls - on the way

Dynaco ST70 - here now

Pas3 - on the way

Will borrow one of my other CD players for initial audition, while I search for a good MMF-5 on sale.

I too am expecting some cornwalls that are having problems finding a way to the west coast. They are 1984 models that I paid 800bucks for but the shipping senario has been painful. The seller went in the hospital (hes ok and really appears to be good guy) and now hes offering to meet me half way in new mexico ( the speaks are in arkansas). I am not in a huge hurry except Im awaiting (hopefully latter this week ) a scott 299 from craig. I had hopped they would both arrive at the same time but you can't have everything!

Joshnich

1984 cornwalls ( on the way)

Scott 299 NOSValves ( On the way)

Fisher 400

Garrard Lab80

Teac 3345

Tandberg model 6

Warfedale W70s

Klipsch designer cornwalls 1978 now in the hands of Chris King!