I've got tracking #'s for the Cornwalls!

Craig6519

Glad to hear it Craig, my check was received in Houston TX yesterday for my 1984 Walnut Cornwalls. He is calling the carrier today. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. I also have the Dynaco PAS3 on the way to mate with the Dynaco ST70. IN a couple of weeks (maybe fathers day) we could be auditioning a great present.

Question: I would like to order the speaker wire in advance...what type of connections are on the back of 1984 Cornwalls? Are they considered II's or I's?

Check out signalcable.com for great connects and pricing.

He says there being shipped in bouble 600 PSI strenght cardboard boxes. There going UPS Ground. He did ship them on Friday Craig, but had to go out of town, when he got home UPS was calling to tell him they were oversized and wouldn't ship them, that's what the delay was all about. Somehow he convinced them to ship anyway. I'm not sure what a 600 psi strength cardboard box is but he assures me there really thick. I don't know what kind of connections the speakers have on the back.

Craig

"He says there being shipped in bouble 600 PSI strenght cardboard boxes. There going UPS Ground......"

6.gif .......... (cyber-holding-my-breath)

I don't want to alarm you, but this scares the hell out of me. I have a few words of advice.

1. Inspect these packages VERY carefully when they arrive. If there are any signs of damage on the cardboard, TAKE PICTURES of this BEFORE you open them. Resist the urge to rip into these from the anticipation.......you must protect your interest in these if UPS damages them. Visible damage of the cartons is proof of negligence on the part of UPS. If you rip open the cartons, you have destroyed some of your proof.

2. These were insured, weren't they????? You better hope so.

3. Ask the seller to keep any pics of these that they took before the sale - get them if UPS damages these. Again, this will assist you if UPS damages these.

4. If there are any signs of carton damage that has obviously damaged the speakers themselves (such as a hole where damage is visible and obvious, or a badly crushed corner) do not open them. Take them to UPS, open them in the presence of UPS, and document it by video or photo as you open them. This may sound very anal and unnecessary......but UPS has a reputation for damaging goods, and evading payment on insurance claims. The above advice will be helpful in collecting on that claim......if for no other reason, it will show UPS that you will not accept NO for an answer if the issue of damage occurs.

If you don't believe me, ask Wes (ShapeShifter) on this forum (or do an archive search)......he has much experience on the subject of insurance collection from UPS.

5. Pray for the safe arrival of your Cornwalls......I certainly will.

I know Craig......but if you do have problems, I don't want to see you lose the speakers AND the money too. Just lookin' out for ya......especially after reading Wes's story about his UPS sale a while back, it gives me cause to give a bit of preemptive advice, just in case. If UPS screws up (and they do have a history of damaging packages), I want to see you get the most favorable results possible. This is also good advice for anyone reading who has a problem with packages damaged in shipping.

Another possibility is that if you are home as the driver brings your packages, if he has you sign for them you can give a quick visual inspection and if there is visible damage to the outside, ask the driver to note it. Ask for a receipt if possible. At Fedex, we can enter an exception as we make the delivery...I would imagine UPS should have something similar...

There here boxes look great, only had time to open the top of one and it's wrapped in plastic with sheets of styrafoam around it and in a thick cardboard box9.gif No time to check had to run my son to the emergency room today to have his apendix removed. Been a stressful day.

Craig

Hope the little guy is feeling better - Appendicitis is damned painful and potentially dangerous ! I'm glad to see that you are on top of the situation. Things like that scare the living bejeebers out of parents .

OK THE FUZZY STUFF IS OUTTA THE WAY !

NOW !

How are the speakers ?

Thanks Craig & Lynnm, the boys feeling much better now, hopefully he'll be able to come home tomorrow If the doc gives him the all clear. On a brighter note I took a Motorcycle Safety Course this weekened and passed so I'll soon be a cool old guy cruising around. Now for the speakers. They are perfect, I could only find one small dent on one of the corners. I staretd with a CD my wife like not sure who It is but man were those HORNS in my face!!! I tought for a second oh NO I hate them already. So I walked away for 15 minutes to let the ST-70 warm up grabbed a beer and slapped on Molly Hatchet on vinyl!!! WOW, Awesome sounded Incredible, and the BASS was GREAT, I don't know why but with the Eico set to 2 It was loud on the Cornwalls and I have to go to 3 to get the KLF-30's to produce that much volume. That kind of confuses me because the 30's are more sensative. Also help me out with these S/N 107837 and 107838, what year are these? These are the first cornwalls I'd ever seen up close and thought they all had the screw on terminals at the top, but these bave binding posts at the bottom, I guess I should have noticed this in the pics when I bid for them, I was just curious as I'd never seen these before.

Craig