Vert Mount Cornwall on Ebay

garymd

----------------

On 6/5/2003 9:56:49 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

As a center. it would have to be on its side, its weird seeing a vertical, with a removable grill, first one for me!

Jim
9.gif

----------------

Just place one of those new pie shaped emblems in the corner after replacing the grill cloth, lay it on its side, hang your plasma screen about 3 feet above and you got a sweet center channel speaker!2.gif

LOL i didnt help getting it sold or anything, i was really surprised it went thru the night, without selling, i got home, 1 hour later, it was gone, we know the lucky buyer, he did get a 1 of a kind, at a unbelievable price!

Ill let the new proud owner post

Regards Jim9.gif

I was the culprit. I can't tell you all on the BB how excited I am to aquire this speaker. I know cosmetically it is not a 10..I, too, question the grills...But all of that as a topic is null, because it will be behind a scrim (black) used for Home theater as the center channel. If it is Box wise sound physically without any cracks... And the drivers work and sound great... A HOME RUN for me IMO.

I have only seen a couple of these on ebay. I guess like a lot of the heritage line, to the right person.... right situation... great finds. I will post when I get it hooked up with a full write up!!

Now the bigger ? is this, do I use the Klipschorns for left and right...or Cornwalls??? Oh heck, maybe a pair of Hersies in the rears would REALLY ROCK!!!!...???

This BB has been a lot of fun.

Way to go Indy! We'll be eagerly waiting a report as soon as you get it home. Looks like you may have scored big-time. 3 corns up front and herseys in the back and move your khorns to a different room for 2-channel. IMHO of course. 2.gif

IndyKlipschFan,

The cornwall you bought on ebay was/is a Decorater model(utily).

orig it came painted flat black without a grill.or raw (bare wood).

I think uers was flat balck as they usaly said raw on id tag.

Some one added the venear and grill to dress it up.

The D in the id stands for decorater model.

I have one that is real lclose in age but is in oiled walnut with factory grill (OW on id)

I find that they(the vertical models) sound best standing upright.

The orig cornwall from 1959 had the horns vertical and came from the factory set up for upright use.

The EV tweeter works better in the vertical postion .

Good luck with yours .I use my vertical Cornwall between two khorns in the uprite postion.