Beautiful Pair Heresy's Just Listed On Ebay

NOZ

Don't know what you have for furniture in your house. But these are not furniture grade in my book. They are just HBRs with a clear finish. And it is not all that good a job at that. OTOH they are better done than most DIY finished HBRs that turn up on eBay.

Actually the residue around the horns is not water or smoke damage, it looks like residue from furniture polish like Pledge. He most likely wiped/dusted the horn throat down with a cloth and Pledge and the waxy residue ended up on the motorboard. On another note the finish does not look all that hot, the tops look blotchy to me, inconsistencies in the finish. Still respectable looking however.

Man....please. Don't remind me about Heresys on eBay.8.gif

I was bidding on a pair that I was praying that I'd win. But when the price went to $510 and I got to thinking about the potential $100+ for shipping....well, I called it quits. Call me a cheap bastid but I just couldn't see paying possibly $650 for them. I mean, I only paid $900 for my Cornwalls a year or so ago. I dunno - maybe that's the going price for Heresys?? Yes? No?

What really disappointed me was that the serial numbers were very very very close to the serial numbers of my Heresys. I just thought it would be cool to have two pairs of Heresys that were made probably 2 or 3 months apart.

Oh well..... 8.gif

Tom Adams

Tom

You still can find an occasional deal on ebay. Last fall I got a pair of Heresy2 for $275. Just got a pair of 83 Heresy1 for $315. Just keep watching.

I would not worry about SNs too much. Dealers would stock pile HBRs in there stock rooms and just grab any 2 off the shelf at each sale. HBRs were easily the most sold Klipsch speaker back in the day.

JM

----------------

On 6/9/2003 11:46:20 AM Tom Adams wrote:

I got to thinking about the potential $100+ for shipping....well, I called it quits.

Tom Adams

----------------

I did the same thing. Just could not justify the shipping cost. I just had to be patient, & within a month a pair poped up in San Rafael, just a 15 minute drive. It also adds the ability to hear them & check all the drivers before you hand over the cash.

Thanks guys for the patience advice and I know you're right. I'm sure something "good" will happen to me just like my incredible vertical horn Cornwall find. What's that they say about all good things come to those who wait?? Anyhow...since I'm seriously looking for some Heresys for my HT, if any of you hear of some, please steer them my way! 1.gif

And at the risk of dragging this thread out....

Am I the only one that's noticing a pattern of the Heresys going for higher amounts than Heresy II's?

Tom Adams