People exaggerate the subwoofer...

"his woofers rattling on their stands and port noise"

That's exactly why I added a 15" DIY sub with a highpass filter on the Klipsch sub... you are proving the initial point of this threat... the subs are not all they are hyped up to be if you want to play them at house shaking volumes (which people like yourself claim... which the ProMedia sub will not provide).

And for the record I was never attacking you... I just wanted to say that the sub is not all it's hyped up to be so that future buyers that are expecting HT style bass output to get this and be all disappointed. In addition I was wondering if these people that have this house-wrecking output to enlighten me on their setup.

Cool, I'd be interested in seeing that.

I also placed my Infinity Entra Two 12" sub in the corner of my room and saw a dramatic increase in output. It's front firing, so the rear port is facing one of the walls, it sounds fantastic!

Brian

OMG...I'm tired of this topic. You just cannot understand. You are continually oblivious to the fact that I have a small upstairs bedroom. Now I'm tired of this topic...you just don't get it, do you? Now that I've ventured into "flame and anger" mode, it's time for me to just leave this topic because I simply can't take anymore. You're just never going to get it, so I give up.

Noticeably? Heh heh heh.

It's friggen ridiculous! It's like 10 times louder than before. If I turn the infinity up all the way, or really close to all the way it over powers the sats even if the sats are turned up half way (wicked loud). Everything in my room rattles, lol I love it!

Brian

I expirienced the same thing when I relocated my Klipsch sub. I also noticed the lows are MUCH more pronounced whereas the sub didn't SOUND as if it was hitting very low before. It's a completely difference expirience. I would like to have another sub in my other corner though...oh yeah!!!

edit: lol @ the monitor! My friend and I have some fun with his hi-hi system at his house. He has a couple yamaha towers and a pair of bookshelfs as well. When he turns the bass up too much the turntable shakes and the album won't read correctly and skips! It's awesome...I love that!! The CD player skips too is you turn it up high enough...mwahahahaha!!!

----------------

On 6/16/2003 3:12:34 PM MD1032 wrote:

ANYONE WANT TO DONATE AN INFINITY SUB TO ME?!?!
14.gif9.gif

----------------

Why do you need one?? we listened for the last weeks to you boast about how your corner loaded sub rattles the house at 1/3 volume. Make up your mind.

Yeah, but you can always use more volume, and plus that infinity sub will probably hit cleaner and lower than the PM4.1 sub. Plus, I won't have to put so much strain on my PM4.1 sub, and therefore not as much strain on the amp. Oh well, mustang or whatever you guys call him for short is probably right. I also have more important things to attend to such as a soundcard. I'm not complaining about the system, I'm just saying it would be great if it were true. 9.gif At any rate, I'm going to wal-mart today and hopefully I'll be getting some of those neon lights for my room and a hepa filter.

----------------

On 6/17/2003 12:52:31 PM MD1032 wrote:

Yeah, but you can always use more volume, and plus that infinity sub will probably hit cleaner and lower than the PM4.1 sub. Plus, I won't have to put so much strain on my PM4.1 sub, and therefore not as much strain on the amp. Oh well, mustang or whatever you guys call him for short is probably right. I also have more important things to attend to such as a soundcard. I'm not complaining about the system, I'm just saying it would be great if it were true.
9.gif
At any rate, I'm going to wal-mart today and hopefully I'll be getting some of those neon lights for my room and a hepa filter.

----------------

Don't bother with the neon lights, they're annoying and won't impress anyone over the age of 15........ oh wait, I guess that's right up your alley. Buy two.

----------------

On 6/17/2003 3:17:45 PM jzoz01 wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2003 12:52:31 PM MD1032 wrote:

Yeah, but you can always use more volume, and plus that infinity sub will probably hit cleaner and lower than the PM4.1 sub. Plus, I won't have to put so much strain on my PM4.1 sub, and therefore not as much strain on the amp. Oh well, mustang or whatever you guys call him for short is probably right. I also have more important things to attend to such as a soundcard. I'm not complaining about the system, I'm just saying it would be great if it were true.
9.gif
At any rate, I'm going to wal-mart today and hopefully I'll be getting some of those neon lights for my room and a hepa filter.

----------------

Don't bother with the neon lights, they're annoying and won't impress anyone over the age of 15........ oh wait, I guess that's right up your alley. Buy two.

----------------

He's got that right.. lol