People exaggerate the subwoofer...

The people answered your question... that's as cheap as you will get it. What more is there to say? Get the money and buy it.

In addition in you stating to me about making useless posts, you should take a look at your content: you really should not give people advice in matters you have no experience in (in reference to your USB soundcard post)... do you own a external soundcard? no... how about PCI soundcards... you don't even know the difference between retail and OEM card...

You suggest to people that corner loading the sub and facing it firing it to the room gives you the best bass response possible when this claim is proven to be false.

You ask people about buying neons and hepa-filters and running your satellites without their dustcovers so you can show off your speakers to your little buddies.

Don't tell me about the credibility of my posts.

I'm not questioning your credibility, or the fact that my posts are wrong, which they are, and so be it. The fact is that you'll have to deal with it. You can't just go around insulting everyone who is wrong. Did you ever take into consideration correcting them instead of degrading their self-esteem every time they post something that's wrong.

-------------

You suggest to people that corner loading the sub and facing it firing it to the room gives you the best bass response possible when this claim is proven to be false.

-------------

This claim is simply untrue. I never said that and if you can find a post where I did, go ahead and try me. You and I both know that your should fire the port into the corner for the best "horn" effect. I didn't say it gave me the best response, I simple stated why I didn't put the port facing the wall, which is because (A) I want to keep wires neat (it's my parents mostly) (B) There's a bookshelf a foot from the corner that would trap the port's sound inside there and wouldn't project it outward.

-------------

You ask people about buying neons and hepa-filters and running your satellites without their dustcovers so you can show off your speakers to your little buddies.

-------------

????? OK, I'd like to ask what that has to do with anything. Many people like to do this and I thought it would be neat.

-------------

you don't even know the difference between retail and OEM card...

-------------

I love this comment, it's so useful. It tells me something I already know and functions mainly as an insult and nothing more. Going somewhere?

Can you see my point of view?

----------------

On 6/24/2003 8:31:47 AM MD1032 wrote:

I'm not questioning your credibility, or the fact that my posts are wrong, which they are, and so be it. The fact is that you'll have to deal with it. You can't just go around insulting everyone who is wrong. Did you ever take into consideration correcting them instead of degrading their self-esteem every time they post something that's wrong.

-------------

-------------

This claim is simply untrue. I never said that and if you can find a post where I did, go ahead and try me. You and I both know that your should fire the port into the corner for the best "horn" effect. I didn't say it gave me the best response, I simple stated why I didn't put the port facing the wall, which is because (A) I want to keep wires neat (it's my parents mostly) (
B)
There's a bookshelf a foot from the corner that would trap the port's sound inside there and wouldn't project it outward.

-------------

-------------

????? OK, I'd like to ask what that has to do with anything. Many people like to do this and I thought it would be neat.

-------------

you don't even know the difference between retail and OEM card...

-------------

I love this comment, it's so useful. It tells me something I already know and functions mainly as an insult and nothing more. Going somewhere?

Can you see my point of view?

----------------

Can you two just give it a rest?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, It all depends on what soundcard you have, what settings you pick, and your room acoustics. My sub shakes my house at full volume and I mean the whole house, I can feel the sound in my room two floors above. My room has some huge solid wooden furniture and my desk quiets it so I have to put the sub at 33% to 100% depending on how much base I need. I put surround at 50% to 50% depending what I am listening to. Main volume usually stays at 25% or under. at 25% it is loud. Winamp uses default equalizer settings with volume at 58%, I sometimes tweak this equalizer when needed to add or clean up a song. I have the turtle beach santa cruz soundcard. Main volume is at 75% and so is wave. And I use the bass boost preset in the tb control pannel. I am very satisfied with my setup. It compenstates for my quietening furniture. I am not the type to blast music all day long, but My sub does vibrate the whole 2 story house + the basement when I want. My settings are perfect for my taste. Your bad experience may be because your system has to reset once, unplug it for 30 minutes, I do it every few months, let it cool down and reset and it should sound normal or you have a crappy soundcard, i suggest and audigy 2 or tb santa cruz.

• 3 weeks later...