STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

prodj101

I had always wanted to see what the inside of my RF-5's looked like, but never felt it was worth buying the needed tools and taking them out, than I finally realized my digital camera was small enough to fit in the back of the port, so I would be able to just take them with the flash on and see them pretty well 3.gif . I still have to wonder how I didn't come up with that earlier. the following pictures were taken inside of this speaker...

post-10107-13819248030066_thumb.jpg

here is the woofer. I was pleased to see that the basket looked high quality, and the magnet structure seemed to be the same. you can also see the bracing here (this did dissapoint me though). THERE IS A SMALLER VERSION ON THE BOTTOM FOR DIAL UP USERS!

post-10107-13819248032886_thumb.jpg

and here we have the monster cable wiring going to the 2 woofers. I really wanted to get a picture of the horn driver, but couldn't get the camera angled right. however, this makes me want to buy some new cables to throw in there and see if I can't tell a difference. you can also see the backs of the 2 woofer magnets in this picture (big metal ring looking things)

post-10107-13819248035546_thumb.jpg

yeah, I was too, considering I shot them all blind. it took about 15 tries to get ones that turned out right, and I never did get the crossover ones to turn out. I just had to keep taking them, than look on the camera's display to see if they would turn out decent on the comp.

it is really a pretty minty amp. no major bubbling (some very small less than 1 mm diamiter bubbles that don't seem to be getting any bigger) but otherwise no other scratches or anything. perfect working order as well. the only thing I don't like about it is the output connections. such a pain to use.