QUICK VOTE which to BUY : DENON 4802 or HK 7200 ?

legend9

----------------

On 6/18/2003 4:38:27 PM elgrillo wrote:

HEY MOON

How would you rate your upgrade from going from HK 520 to the 7200? Was it a huge difference? Biggest difference in music or HT?

----------------

Ohhh.. Hmmm, tough question really. It was a nice upgrade. I wont say it was HUGE. They sound identicle if you ask me with the exception that the 7200 is smoother, a little more refined sounding. Looking back at my upgrade would I do it again? I wanna say no simply because I didn't need the extra powered channels becuase I already had an external amp to power my extra speakers. If it was not for that, then yes I would do it again. Also, DD-EX is nice to have now.

But at the same time, I have not really had a GOOD chance to listen to it through a full movie. I have only had the chance to watch bits and peices of movies... Well, I have watched a couple of kiddie movies but the ones I have watched I would not claim to have outstanding sound quality anyway.

Its strange that Onecall's price is different from what Moon has given me. Is it only that special price of 1179.42 through that link? Because I've try the regular site, and its price is 1800 or so. Weird !

BTW, The 7200 is not THX certified. Do I want the THX certification? The Denon 4280 is.

Prices change daily on the onecall site. It may even be more often than that. What they do is scan the internet for prices and meet the best price, maybe even beat the best price. If the link still shows it at that price that I posted, try ordering it and see if you get it at that price.