WAF??? Wazzat??

As some of you know, the wife & I have a new home under construction and it includes a dedicated HT room. Well, recently, the wife & I stopped at Audio Warehouse to set up a time for them to do wiring/cabling installation. After establishing when they need to do their thing, I wander around until I find the wife in their largest HT room relaxing in a Berkline theater chair watching Star Wars II on a 120" screen. I sit down and we both comment how crisp the image is and how quiet the projector is (she's also very impressed with the Berkline and so am I). Come to find out, the projector is a new Yamaha CRT unit that replaced the noisy ??? DLP they had in there. The wife asks me to explain (again) why I have decided to not go the front projector route in the HT. So I explain that: a) for the cost of the projector alone, I can get a very nice, very big RPTV; B) the screen can cost serious money; c) all the projectors I've seen have noisy fans.

So she asks, "But don't RPTV images suffer when you're sitting too high/low or off too far to one side?"

"Uh...well, yeah."

"And isn't this a very nice picture we're viewing?"

"Absolutely dear"

"And you can't hardly hear the projector can you?"

"Well....not really"

"So why in heavens name, if we're gonna do this HT room, are we not gonna do it right?"

Next thing I know, she & Mark are writing up a quote.

Am I luck or what???

9.gif

Tom Adams

Whenever I take my wife along we end up getting better equipment and spending more than originally intended. The problem is she rarely is interested in coming along. The problems arise when I bring home used equipment (like the heresys I bought at lunch today). Tonight there will be a very delicate procedure of getting them into the basement undetected.11.gif

My wife is the same way. Now I have to leave her at home when I buy stuff because I am out of work and she will talk me into spending more than we have. I recently bought some used NAD amps. I hooked them up and she said that sounds a lot better, why don't you go buy some new ones for all the speakers. I fall in love with her all over agian when she says stuff like this. She's a keeper.

My wife is very understanding just look at my equipment list! That is just the living room, there is an equivalent all Infinity set up in the bedroom and two cars full of aftermarket gear in the driveway tell me she isn't a keeper! She figures it's better than blowing it at bars and on sleezy women. There is inherent value in the electronics gear. I have bought most of my items used but in mint or near mint condition though.