Video: Audi S4 vs. BMW M3

KAiN64

lol,

He calls the audi engine a work of art.

It seems kind of weak for a V8.

300 HP from the turbocharged 2.5L opposing 4 cylinder in the new STI, now that's a work of art.

With handling to boot.

I have only ridden in a standard 2003 WRX and can say first hand that the thing is incredible on wet pavement.

From what I hear the STI is even better.

btw, with a retail of about $30,000 USD the STI is not that expensive a sports car.

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 6/18/2003 9:21:49 PM Invidiosulus wrote:

lol,

He calls the audi engine a work of art.

It seems kind of weak for a V8.

300 HP from the turbocharged 2.5L opposing 4 cylinder in the new STI, now that's a work of art.

With handling to boot.

I have only ridden in a standard 2003 WRX and can say first hand that the thing is incredible on wet pavement.

From what I hear the STI is even better.

btw, with a retail of about $30,000 USD the STI is not that expensive a sports car.

Peace, Josh

----------------

The best engine is not always the most powerful. He could be refering to the power delivery, responsiveness, the power band, etc.

By the way, I find the BMW M3 engine to sound very harsh and "light." It doesn't have the Audi S4 engine's deep roar.

Top Gear is a great show! I have downloaded a bunch of them. I haven't seen it come on BBC America yet though, maybe I'm just missing it though. And another thing, if Tif says it's a good engine I believe him, I mean the guy used to drive Formula 1 for a living. On a side note I agree with Kain, I personally don't care for the M3's exhaust note either, pretty weak; the M5 on the other hand...hehe. That baby's a blast to drive too!

----------------

On 6/19/2003 1:47:14 PM damonrpayne wrote:

I have a WRX. You cannot drive it hard enough to get the times Car & Driver gets without it breaking. I'd take the E46 M3 over my car any day.

Bah to volksw-, er I mean, Audi.

----------------

Of course you can't. They get those times by reving the engine and dropping the clutch. If you can afford to replace your clutch that often then you can get those times. Being able to drive a manual properly helps also. The street start times 5-60 MPH are what people can do with damaging their cars.