iis it worth the wait for getting RF-7s

cdsang

Well, do to saving up for a few things at once, it would take me 13 months to get a pair of RF-7s, or 6.5 months for each. Would it be worth the wait? I already have the Reference 3 II series set and a RSW-15. The only thing I would use the RF-7s for would be music, but I listen to music 90% of the time. Which is one reason I went with the RSW instead of SVS(Sorry Tom.) By the way, is $1300 US a pair good. I think so actually. The reason I ask is, I would like to have something a little better for music. For movies, I think my system is just fine. But its true I pay more attention to sounds in my music then small stuff in movies. I am to occupied with the story line, bass effects, and whats going on on screen. Would the RF-7s be a small or big jump as far as detial and number of sounds done at once.I was also wondering about waiting for RF-75s or whatevers next. From the looks of it, they may come up with something new in about a year or so due to the new stuff comeing out. They may be experimenting with the new stuff like they did changing the RF-3IIs to RF-35s. Any answers would be great. Thank you in advance(TYIA).

CD

mOOn has chimed in on ones like this thread you have started before. He turned in his r3 setup for r7's. In fact there is a similar thread asking about the R7's below. I know mOOn responded to that one as the 2nd person in the thread. I've only heard them in the store and was floored by them. But my wallet was not able to handle the purchase. Maybe someday for a 2 channel audio setup...someday.

Either do a search on r7 upgrade or get lucky in that mOOn (or some one else) responds.

----------------

On 6/24/2003 8:10:36 PM cdsang wrote:

They may be experimenting with the new stuff like they did changing the RF-3IIs to RF-35s. Any answers would be great. Thank you in advance(TYIA).

CD

----------------

I know for a fact that they are not experimenting on anything new yet and was also told that the RF-7s are to be the current Reference series flagship speaker for at least a couple more years. I personally think they are great speaker, and to me was worth the upgrade. Also, $1300/pair is a excellent price - they are about $2000/pair at full retail. I'd say go ahead and save up for them. They will be worth it in the long run - I don't regret myself going from the '3s to the '7s.

cant speak for the RF3-IIs, but I just got a couple of RF7s and the detail in treble and smooth bass is very pleasing. Unlike you though, I picked up on the minor sound details in the movie I have so far watched. Personally, I dont think the RF3 IIs will be a whole lot more better than the RF7s, I think RF7s have just more bass and treble. I guess it would come down moreso on your room size than anything else.

If you really want to know about the 1300 price on the RF-7s, well there is a small catch. I got a deal for my 3 series stuff because i bought it all at once, so now everything I buy there i get a discount on. I belive the price was 1365 about a year ago. The place is in Dover Delaware in the Sound of Tri-State and talk to Larry. The street is Route 13 or Dupont. I belive he works Tuesdays threw Saterday unless his boss changed it. The only way to get the deal from him I belive would be to buy the whole set, and you can get the 15 for 1400. Also, yes, this is from an Authorized dealer.

CD

Actually, I am looking to buy pair RF-7, RC-7, and pair of RS-7 for 5 speakers. I don't have the money now im going to purchase them all in september so purchasing the set is no big deal, im already planing on that. If you happen to know what the whole set would cost I would like to know, otherwise don't worry about it. I live in Virginia so thats a hell of a drive but im in college im used to road trips :-)