House was robbed today

arthurs

So thankful for the safety of your family. Even giving thanks, it is such a violation to have someone enter your home with ill intent!

Thanks for sharing about the police officers remarks and really glad that you cranked up some tunes for them.

Blessings,

Dee

Greetings:

Background:

6 years Co-Ordinator: Police and Citizens - Together Against Crime program

Family Crisis Intervention Team

Victim/Witness Program

Crime Analysis Unit: prostitute, gang tracking, recruit background checks, crime stats/calls for service analysis and basic printout, etc.

8 years Public Relations Chair: International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners, liason to and 2 years Public Relations Chair New York State Crime Prevention Coalition, Same for Finger Lakes Area Crime Prevention Practitioners Association

Western NY liason National Organization of Victim's Assistance (NOVA)

450 certified, College credit or CEU Hours Crime Prevention training.

Point: when looking at crime, black on black crime constitutes a majority of crimes committed - assault/battery, shootings, break-ins, car theft,home invasions, other crimes against person and property. That is an outright shame, no one race should victimize so many members of their own race. As we are on this forum, there is no color - we are people who enjoy discussing audio. We can think we know what race, age, ethnic origin, even sex, each other is but it does not matter one iota.

I am extremely glad that no-one was injured, enough times a thief may figure that they have nothing to lose and assault a witness.

I'm also glad that only the peripherals were taken, not sections of your system or worse, vandalizing it.

RE: Weapons: My own belief and treatise lie in the fact that each person be trained how/when to display or use and a traing on proficiency in use - add trigger locks and weapon and ammunition in 2 locked areas - helps to reduce crimes of passion. Just be prepared - if you display a weapon and there is more than one person, or a person with a long pedigree - you had better be ready to use it and justify it, they may have nothing to lose and use deadly force first.

Alarms and dogs are great. put your lights on timers and do not vary if you're going out for a night or a vacation. Alarms: Monitored are great, BUT, there are steps including the company calling the residence.

The average thief wants to get in within 3 minutes. If you have an alarm already, add a second wireless, focusing on "Passive infra-red Detectors" if possible (PIRs), No motion sensors - make sure all of your system is covered within the boundary beam of the PIR.

Add outdoor sirens and for the indoor horn, the midrange horn from a Heresy if lovingly deafening. Add glass break sensors and you can get outlet units you can plug lamps into that will start flashing when a certain level of noise occurs - make sure sensitivity is adjustable.

DO NOT ENGRAVE OR MARK PROPERTY WITH YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY number ! A police agency has to send a letter asking the SS Administration for the name- the SS has to contact the person for permission to disclose identity, the person responds back to SS, SS back to Agency, by that time it's usually been auctioned because of the length of time. Use your driver's License number or see if your loacal Department or State has an "Operation I.D. program. Until funding ran out, my State had an I.D. program that used the NCIC (National Crime Information Clearhouse) number assigned to the State, County, city/town/village. Plus your own unique number after. Have a stamp made up with that # and put in 1 obvious place then somewhere you'd know, but the thief may not look for it. The OP ID is great using the NCIC number - any recovering Agency can take one look and see that it came from xx area and contact them Then they contact you.

Last video tape your entire household, focus in on items with serial numbers and speak them along with a description, pan the entire room, it's amazing how much knick-knacks can add up to or what you may forget. Have jewelry appraised, stereo, HT equipment appraised, go to websites that show the same item for retail sale price, or ebay/auction. Type out an inventory and put the tape, receipts and inventory in a safe deposit box. Also put your tax returns in the box that makes it tax deductible if you itemize. Put your will in but give a copy and a power of Attorney to your spouse and or Executor(trix). If you have certain burial wishes let some one know don't put it in your will, let your next of kin or executor know.

If your fire code permits, use quality 6 pin daedbolts, if glass near use the double cylinder - refer to your code.

Then take a key tie it to a picture and hang it more than arms length away from glass. you'll be able to find it in a smoky fire. Best to have two locks and use the double cylinder if permitted only when away from the house.

Get the second wireless alrm with PIRs - cover system, doors, windows, get adjustable if you have a pet, it's a little more difficult if you own a cat with their jumping up but it can be done. Use Klipsch midrange driver as siren indoors.

Remember the 4 d's of Crime Prevention: Dlay, Detect, Deny, Deter this lead to displacement, let them break into someone else's house. But don't make it look like a fortress, people get curious as to what you're hiding.

Glad all are safe. Class over.

Just remember we're all in this together don't be afraid to call 911 if you see something suspicious, and let the car roll to your house - sometimes the criminals try small things to see if anyone does anything. If they see lights come on in numerous houses and a Patrol Vehicle roll up, they usually go elsewhere.

Disclaimer: the above information if taken and methods stated are employed, there is no guarantee a crime will not occur. If they're determined to carry out your stereo (or your K-Horns LOL), they will.

Peace and safety for all members and readers of this forum and their families and loved ones. May never, never again have anything bad happen to you, your family and loved ones.

My wishes for you and yours - Peace, Prosperity and Harmony for today and for all of the todays to come.

Win1.gif

A couple of days ago I got a new cell phone for the wife. We started to get phone calls of a man that wanted his car back. I told him that this is a new phone and that we didn't know what he was talking about. I kept call and leaving threating messages. I call the cops and they called him. He hung up and him and kept calling me. He said he was going to come over and "bring his brothers" with him. I was feed up and said come on over I will be waiting on the porch. I went out side with my 260lbs and an easton base ball bat. About a half hour later this rusted out car comes pulling up the road. There were two guys hanging out the windows and looking at adderes. They came up on mine with me out side, just then the guy next store came out, and he is 230. He sough me out side with the bat then the car. He started to walk over by me. The guys in the car saw me and slowed down. I asked them if they wanted to come up and say those things to my face. They said something about me being a farm boy and sped off. I haven't gotten one phone call from them since.

I think I got very lucky. I used to get in a lot of fights and can hold my own, but they could have had a 9.

I am glad to here that you and your family are ok. 99% of the time the same guys will not come back to the house they robbed.

Greetings again:

Clu and fini - those can be great deterrents, the p on the thief's leg and they can slip on it.

Seriously, the barking of any dog can be a deterrent.

Also when you videotape take a shot of the front page of the daily paper and have something like CNN on quietly so you can speak over it, but audibly. This will help to authenticate date of filming.

Win1.gif

Hey Fini and BBB, I have dogs, Klipsches and play bagpipes. Those pix were a riot and really got me laughing. And Dodger, your professional insight and advice has value for all.

Anyway, here's a little humour.

What's the difference between a drummer in a pipe band and Mick Jagger?

Mick Jagger will sing " Hey you, get offa my cloud" and a drummer will sing. " Hey McLeod, get offa my ewe".

Replies for those in kilts to those who ask what's worn underneath them.

1. "Nothing's worn, it's all in perfect working order."

2. "My socks."

3. ( this is good but rude ) "your wife's lipstick".

Anyway, best to all. Take care. Hamish1.gif

Hamish,

Regarding what may be under the kilt:

Do you recall the story of the young lass inquiring about this? She was encouraged to reach under the kilt, and find out for herself. She took the laddie's challenge. "Oh, that's gruesome!" she cried, pulling her hand back. "Ah, feel again, I think it grew some more," was his response...

My wife is a big fan of "Men in Kilts," and is really into Dianna Gabaldon's novels (romantic, historic time travel in Scotland). She's also an avid quilter, and active in the internet group "The Ladies of Lallybroch."

fini

glad all are safe.

take steps NOW to protect yourself and your family, then your possesions. i had the dog pictured in my avatar 'dognapped' from me by a former "friend". Bud-my dog, is my 'son' and one of my best friends. the 2 1/2 months it took me to track my dog down and recover him were the most difficult times of my adult life.

the guy who stole him was found dead with a gunshot to the head the day after i pressed charges against him.

there are very bad people in this world, the 'law' or common morality will NOT protect you from, and if you haven't 'been around', you need to know.

av.

To maintain a civilized society we all are required to obey laws. Without self discipline and obedience to the law we have havoc. It is our duty to uphold the law when necessary. Keep this in mind next time around Tony.

Keith

arthurs i am happy to everyone is ok as well, i am also glad that they did not have more time with your equipment, i have had it done to me and it hurts, aand the feeling lasts a very long time, just do what you need to do to protect your family, bless you12.gif