Heresy II cabinets just showed up

Marvel

It's always nice when your kids can come home for a visit. Late last night, Invidiosulus got home from school for a little break. My wife and I went back to bed as he and his brother stayed up to talk and unload his truck. Segue to morning, and we are up to get ready for church. My wife finds this nice piece of pottery on the kitchen table. I knew that was coming for her birthday present. Nice!

After he is up, he asks if I have been in the living room. No, not yet. I wander in to find a pair of Heresy IIs sitting next to my JBLs, with a note that says "Happy Birthday." I am astounded. They are in beautiful shape, with a matte black finish. They sound so good. So now I can feel like I can be a legitimate part of the forum. He doesn't know the year. They don't have any id on them as far as we can tell, only the 1986 date on the crossover/binding post plate. Is there any date on the inside anywhere?

So this is a public thank you to my son Joshua.

Cheers,

Marvel

BTW, he was right when he said they sound almost the same as the JBLs. Very close, and the JBLs are 30 years old this year.

What a wonderful birthday present. It's my brother's birthday today as well, but all I could afford to do was pay for his dinner at our favorite Chinese buffet.

Is there a series of numbers stamped on the very top center edge above the back panel of your Heresy II's? That's where the serial numbers to my old Cornwalls are located (and you are aware that you can determine the age by their serial numbers).

Enjoy your new present. You have a very wonderful son...you should be quite proud!16.gif

Very kind and thoughtful birthday gift. You're a lucky man. My 20 yr old son suprised us this morning with a visit (he's 2 1/2 hours away at college). He's broke so he usually comes without presents and leaves with a few. We still love him though. He's a great kid. I have 2 years to put together his graduation gift which will be a 5 heresy based HT. I'm almost halfway there.1.gif

If the backs can be unscrewed and taken off -- they are Heresies.

If access to inside can only be gained through the front the drivers removed -- they are Hersey II's.

Marvel, you were always a legitimate forum member. Your input is always appreciated.

They are Heresy IIs, as they are MDF and front mounted drivers. I'll look for some numbers stamped somewhere on them. He is wonderful, and pretty tight with his money. The other two kids are also wonderful as well, one of whom is still at home.

Marvel