What were you listening to on the holiday wekend?

Steely Dan used a lot of heavyweight jazz players on most of their LPs. I have talked with Bill Perkins about working with them and he has nothing but respect for these two! The rip-off of "Song for My Father" is indeed a tribute and Horace Silver has no problem with it at all.

I sat next to Horace at the Jazz Bakery a month or so ago when the Heath Bros. were there. He seemed in good spirits and not in nearly as much pain as the last time I saw him a couple of years ago, but I doubt he will ever perform live again. He and Red Holloway and Jimmy Heath were having a ball between sets. It was a great show--too bad there were only about 40 people there (Wed. night). What a crying shame, but that's the state of jazz these days . . .

I don't remember. LOL

Hey Rick....did u ever get to any of those blues gigs on your Chicago Plastics Tradeshow trip?

Allan....unfortunately, that's the state of a lot of the music biz today. Quite amazing, isn't it? SHeeeeet!