Want to sell my Cornwalls

msalvail

Are 'for sale' posts allowed on this forum? I have a pair of Birch Black Cornwalls, 15" woofer--the big floor speakers, that I want to sell. They sound awesome, no buzzing or humming or anything and the cabinet is in great shape. They are just way too big for my living room and I have got to move to something smaller. I put them in the local "Thrifty Nickel" coming out on 7/17 for $500. Then I thought, well, maybe some person who is into Klipsch speakers might enjoy these more. I am located in North Louisiana so if you can't come pick them up, you would have to pay shipping of course. E mail me at marys910@yahoo.com if interested. Thanks!

I will take pictures when I get home from work and post them and also, will get the serial numbers off of the back. We got them in 1989 or 1990 from a man whose father had passed away and he inherited the speakers along with everything else in the house. He was not interested in music/sound so was happy to sell them, I think. They are free standing and not on any sort of base, just these big black boxes. We have our TV running thru a receiver and basically, just use the speakers for that. We use to play CDs and all but now play most of our music thru our computer Klipsch speakers. We are a couple, ages 52 and 44, no kids, so I can assure you that these speakers haven't been blown out or anything as I really do not like loud music of any kind. So that is their history and I will get the serial numbers and photos this evening. Our ad comes out in Thrifty Nickel this afternoon so if they sell quickly, I will certainly come back and let all of you know.

Mary

Here is a picture of the speakers for sale. The serial numbers are: 12R956 and 12R957

The manual/important information folder is still stapled to the back of one of the speakers. It looks like it came this way from the factory.

Pictures don't tell the whole story and I am certainly not a photographer but I tried! The speaker cabinets are *not* mint but for $500, I doubt anyone expects that...they have a few normal little dings but nothing bad, no scrapes, etc and the sound is tremendous.

I took a few more pictures that you can view at:

http://www.papfriends.com/klipsch/klipschright.jpg

http://www.papfriends.com/klipsch/klipschleft.jpg

http://www.papfriends.com/klipsch/klipschback.jpg

http://www.papfriends.com/klipsch/klipsch1.jpg

post-12834-13819248421302_thumb.jpg

What do you mean, this is the Klipsch Heritage Vault? Was that comment directed at me?

I have been told that the serial number indicates my set of speakers was made in 1977.

Greg Clawson from this board called me earlier today and we made the deal. We don't have that air service mentioned in another post but have arranged other means of transport. Thanks to all of you for your e mails and your interest. I am glad I thought to come on this board and offer the speakers to those that appreciate them.

We still have a set of Klipsch Heresys we will use in the living room now, to replace the Cornwalls as well as the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's on our computer so we won't be KLIPSCHLESS!

----------------

On 7/18/2003 9:03:39 PM msalvail wrote:

What do you mean, this is the Klipsch Heritage Vault? Was that comment directed at me?

I have been told that the serial number indicates my set of speakers was made in 1977.

Greg Clawson from this board called me earlier today and we made the deal. We don't have that air service mentioned in another post but have arranged other means of transport. Thanks to all of you for your e mails and your interest. I am glad I thought to come on this board and offer the speakers to those that appreciate them.

We still have a set of Klipsch Heresys we will use in the living room now, to replace the Cornwalls as well as the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's on our computer so we won't be KLIPSCHLESS!

----------------

I'm glad someone here bought the cornwalls. Congrats Greg.

Mary - the vault comment was not directed at you. Someone called the vault "the cornwall crate" which apparently offended someone else (all in fun though). Thank you for gererously offering them here first and I hope the transportation goes smoothly. Good to hear you're not KLIPSCHLESS!1.gif