KG 4's At the Local Pawn Shop

I was at my local mister Money location when I spotted a pair of Kg4's. They are black and have a few dings that would need to be touched up with something. And the back passive radiator is dented a bit in the center. The grills and surounds on the woofers are good. They think they are Kg2's but they are not. They are asking $225.00 I was wondering if that is a deal or should I let them be. I bet if they are there awhile they will go down a bit. And would they out perform my ksb 3.1's I'm using as surrounds with my Heresy II's. I really don't need them but hey who can resist a good Klipsch deal. Used Klipsch's don't sell to well around here so I'm thinking maybe wait. But what so you guys/gals say.2.gif

----------------

On 7/17/2003 1:06:31 PM jagangjee wrote:

Diggs....3 Pairs of KG4's??? .....sounds yummy
3.gif

----------------

Yeah, I'm gonna try and be the first (that I know of) to have a full 6.1 KG-4 setup. Gonna try my hand at tubes and some Cornwalls if I can find them.

Well I'm going to go and see if they are still there. And make another offer the only problem how to get them past the wife2.gif. I was going to go today but got busy during my lunch break. Will these be a nice addition to the Heresy's. Oh and something else cool I have'nt seen on the ones on Ebay is the grills have the magnets that hold them on. Someday I hope to have Cornwalls. But the house is shrinking to much audio gear 3.gif1.gif

----------------

On 7/17/2003 7:16:23 PM Shaggy and Scooby wrote:

Oh and something else cool I have'nt seen on the ones on Ebay is the grills have the magnets that hold them on.

----------------

I thought they all were like that? Both of mine are. Anyone know?

I have a Yamaha RX-V870 I think it can handle it. It has a switch on the back if I remember right. I don't know what they are as far as ohms they put the price tag over it. My Heresy's are 6 ohms and I don't know what my Ksb's are. I think that might be what screwed up my previous Yamaha integrated amp running them and the Heresy's. Using the A+B out. Then hooking a carver up to the preamp jumpers and using the Yamaha to power the ksb's and the carver the Heresy's. I got the surround receiver so. I was going to give it to my bro when we discovered the left channel is distorting something evil. He was none to happy to hear his Cornwall's and Chorus's with the noise it made we needless to say shut it off asap. And thanked our lucky stars Klipsch's are so tough. We were kinda stumped because it worked great until the internal amp was hooked up again.

----------------

Oh and something else cool I have'nt seen on the ones on Ebay is the grills have the magnets that hold them on.

----------------

"I thought they all were like that? Both of mine are. Anyone know?"

I never knew that KG4s came this way until I saw the set I got from tbabb last month. At first, I thought this was custom, but lo, that's a stock build. Very nice.

BTW, I just hooked up these KG4's with a Luxman R1030 receiver, and listened for about an hour.....we are preparing to send the whole kit off as a gift for a special bride and groom. Let me tell ya, they will be a very pleased bride and groom.....and ex bose owners9.gif I forgot just how good the KG4s can sound!

You should be able to obtain good condition KG4's for about $225....seems to be the going rate. If the cabinets only have a few minor blems but look good overall, and the rubber surrounds are black (not grey) and soft, then they are worth the $225. If those dings are closer in description to "beat up" - IOW they are in average condition, keep looking, because you can do better. Pay close attention to the condition of the rubber surrounds!