'62 Vert Cornwalls on Ebay

garymd

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'd love to have that pair...one would make a super front center channel, with the second Cornwall as a rear center for a true 6.1 HT setup. That would make an unbelievable combination for a HT with my existing Cornwalls as mains! I can only dream, though...15.gif

Guys, stay away from these ... Seller has zero feedback. Actually, one of the better posters on this board is going to chase them so let's give him some running room. They will definitely go for VERY TOP DOLLAR.

FWIW, all of the early Cornwall II's were designed to sit either upright or on their side, however, the imaging (IMHO) is best when sitting upright.

While they would make a nice center front/rear channel, speakers this clean really belong in a 2-channel system with a very fine tube setup. They'll never realize their potential in a HT system. I've dragged mine out and mated them with the Wright gear that Dubai now owns, and I was blown away by the sound stage.

This guy's dad WILL kill him when he finds out that he sold them. If my son did that to mine, my love for him would surely be tested :)

I'm on them! They look to be in good shape they do have scratches, dings, and marks, but not to bad after all they are 41 years old. I see they have no risers on the the bottom perhaps due to the fact they were designed to be laid on their side. I don't want to get in a bidding war with another board member but I do intend to place a very substantial bid on these. These will take the place of my rear La Scala's if I end up winning them. Anyone want a pair of La Scala's in Lacquered Birch Stained (LBS) if I win them?

Charles,

They are sweet, but the 62 Corns I've got have different logos than these plus the grill material is also different. If I was to take a shot at the year I would guess between 64 - 67 just from the pie logos. Mine are "A" SN's and have the plexiglass block lettered logo in the bottom middle of the speaker when it is standing up. Just my 2 cents. Did the seller send anyone the SN on this board, it was impossible to make it out from the pic.

Doug

Fellas,

As mentioned above, there was a period when the corn cabinets were all vert horns, with left/right mirror image cabinetry. No special order.

I have a nice pair myself. 1973s. Function perfectly. Look nice.

If anyone is interested I can post some pictures. The cabinets do have some minor marks on them. They are decorator models. Meaning they have no grills, the drivers are mounted to the front face. I put some nice looking sub woofer covers over the woofers for protection.

I live in Athens, Ga. I suppose we could summon the vault if necessary.

Personally, my only interest in selling them would be to purchase other Klipsch. I am the second owner, have had them since 1992, and still listen to them on a daily basis.

He corrected the listing they are '68's not '62's as previously thought. Good eyes Doug! I still want to find out a couple of things from him, like what does the side that is sitting on the floor look like, and is this just the one speaker? What does the other look like. It appears he just took photos of the one speaker. They are certainly not new looking as he states the dings, marks, and some scratches are plainly visible, nothing too mjaor though.

Doug, I would certainly travel to Lewiston to pick them '62's up from you though. I would have considered the '85's if they were a different finish and didn't require cosmetic work (me & woodworking don't get along). I can apply boiled linseed oil pretty good though.

I really, really want a pair of speakers that were built the year I was born. I am little bummed that the ones on eBay are '68's but still want them.

There is a guy in Baltimore that has a pair of Vertical '72's I emailed him but have yet to receive a reply.

Are you sure you don't want to part with those '62's? 9.gif

" shouldn't be too far from MA."

I'm near the Ma/RI border so it would be a pretty good haul but doable.

If you were going to pick up the Cornwalls I could meet your somewhere. Or I could possibly bring the Cornwalls up to you or meet you in the middle somewhere.

Shawn