Buffett Bound

Bruinsrme

After months of trying to get tickets I made the ultimate sacrifice, I removed $800 from my "Scotts New amp fund" and bought 4 tickets tot he Jimmy Buffett concert on 8/30. I think the only thing that is going to be more difficult is convincing the Mrs to allow the 13 year old to go. If you have been to a Buffett show you could probably understand her concerns.

9.gif9.gif9.gif

$800 for 4 tickets?

I like Jimmy's music and all, but I would've used that money on the new amp and just listened to his CD's more often!

That's cool...hope you and all the other ParrotHeads enjoy the concert!

Good Lord dude... Out of that $800.00 please tell me you still have at least $650.00 left for beer.6.gif

Jeeze, I remember when I could get tickets for 1 headlining band and one opening band for around $13.00. (been a while)

$2.50 for lawn seats to Jim Croce/Loggins & Messina in 1973 or 74. I went to the first concert ever at the Capital Center (which was recently leveled). It was Cat Stevens and I think lower level seats went for about $4.

The most I ever paid was through a broker to see CSNY in the 4th row 2 years ago at MCI ($150/ticket). $90/ticket got me 2nd row dead center for Phil & Friends last year.

It's outrageous what some bands are now charging. Eagles, CSNY, etc. $85 gets you nose bleed seats. They still sell out though. How much money do these guys need? Yes some of them owe the IRS and lawyers, etc. and some do it for their roadies and backup band but still.....

I guess the answer is, if it's not worth it to you, don't go. As you can see, I'm avoiding the obvious responses.2.gif

I am sorry the tickets came to $700. Last year we missed him. this year there is about 30 in our group and she really wants to go.

What this ensures is;

Trip to Seattle to see a friend,play hockey and a ride up to Vancouver to see a Cuncuck game game.

The on the way home see an Avalanche game in colorado.

To me I would have paid $1000 for tickets just for the week alone to do the trip.11.gif

For $15 US, you could have had tickets on Wednesday in Toronto to the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Rush, The Guess Who, and others. Along with 470,000 other people. Nicest surprise was the opening act - Kathleen Edwards. She's got a tune out called, "6 0'clock News", and it's got a really nice bass riff. Check it out. Slainte Mhath. Hamish

The proposed trip

Oct 17 head to NY for a wedding

Oct 18 Wedding

Oct 19 Fly to Seattle Hook up with friends

Oct 20 Drive to Vancouver (rental) see Buffalo Sabres vs. Canucks

Oct 21 Fly from Vancouver to Denver

Oct 21 BOSTON BRUINS vs COLORADO AVALANCE

Oct 22 Fly back to Seattle hang with friends

Oct 24 or 25 crash at m00ns place

Oct 26 Fly back home

Kathleen Edwards: 6 O'Clock News

Cover on the corner and he loaded two rounds

And I can't even cross the line to talk you down

At Theatre Street, baby, where did you get that gun?

You spend half your life on drugs and the other half drunk

And I try to come clean but I guess it's no use.

Face is all over the 6 o'clock news

Big red streaks, then they close the schools

I can't even get inside............

I forgot all about the John Prine one - good tune and Simon Garfunkel did one way back, I think called, " Silent Night and 6 O'clock News" - quite chilling in it's own way. Anyway, for a sneak peek, this one pops up on kazaa, check it out. Hamish