What's more damaging to your hearing, bass or treble?

----------------

On 7/31/2003 3:02:14 PM TheEAR wrote:

Imagine K-Horns on cheap zippy receivers playing...Metallica

----------------

Personally, I can't stand listening to Metallica on anything. Time for them to quickly fade away.

Yes Metallica qualifies as err...music.There are a good few so called artists with much less musicality and who could not even pull the lever in the toilet if their managers did not guide them.

Many popular top 40 hits are plain and utter garbage with no musical value,yet radio stations play this nonsense round and round.

Isn't it the A weighting on our RS meters which follow the frequecies, mostly in the mid and voice range, which OSHA thinks is most harmful. I might have that wrong, but C is the flat scale, right?

When in doubt, I use ear protection against any frequency.

Gil

I lost hearing the frequency my wife spoke at the day after I got married. I regained my hearing on all frequencies once I started sending the alimony checks. It was an expensive operation but I went from not noticing a frying pan pounding on top of my head to hearing a pin drop in my safety deposit box at my bank in the next state. The surgeon was a Harvard Law School graduate. Talent like that is a gift from god.

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE!!! AND I BRING YOU.