Industrial Lascala or normal Lascala

Max2

I can buy Industials with the alluminum trim or the normal version of Lascalas. Anyone know the difference in drivers? Any input on what you would go for. I have owned Cornwall II's and Belle's. I am currently using KLF 30's as fronts and want to go back to the big horns. Any input appreciated.

Look about 10 posts earlier in Technical Questions (i.e. this area) for my post of Technical Information on Industrial LaScalas. I seems to me the only difference is the woofer with a K-33 in the home unit and a K-43 in the pro.

Gil

Hi Max2mc. Welcome to the forum. If you type 'industrial lascala' in the search box in the top right, it'll take you to some nice jpg links of Klipsch brochures & specs.that William F. Gill McDermott was kind enough to provide. The continuing threads provide more info as well.

Or you can search by date. Here it is: 7/31/2003 2:10:40

The search box is great for finding info. Take care. Hamish

Max,

The real question is how will they be used. If you plan on using them in the home cosmetically the industrials may not fit your lifestyle. With the home version you could keep as is if you like the look or refinish them to fit your decor. As stated above the woofer is different and the speaker handles 200 watts instead of 100 watts. I would not want to be anywhere near them if you fed them a full 100 watts though, unless one does not care for their hearing.

Thanks for the response! Just learned quite a bit...I think. It really wouldnt bother me to have the industrials or the standard LS if they look decent. Is the AA or AL a smoother crossover? The industrials just come with the AA I assume. I had some belles with the old iron horn and the AA but I have never heard the AL's and the composite horn. Im going to see them Friday, I hope Im not disapointed. I will give you the outcome and hopefully have photos. Thanks thanks again for the info and welcome.

LSIs came with the same crossover the La Scalas came with for their year of manufacturer. The Type AL crossover is not a good sounding one. I don't believe it was ever used with the composite squawker horn (K-401). If the LSIs have the composite horn, they probably have an AL-3 crossover and it should be a good one.

I dug these out of a storage building. The lady had 4 industrials with trim and handles and 4 without. They had sat there for 5 years. I bought the 4 without. They have the AL-3's and the pro drivers. They seem to have a little more bass than my old belle's. Anyone know what the black crinkle finish is? Brand wise I mean. The serials are 111298368 and 69 maybe you guys know the year. Thanks for your help. Max

post-13013-1381924871761_thumb.jpg

Sure Tony. 4 Industrials with built in handles and aluminum trim. They have several years of dust but they look great. I can't remember if they had the fly brackets or not but you could tell they had not been moved around. I dont know the year of them its a numeric serial unlike the normal series. They actually looked better than the 4 I bought...couldn't talk the better half in going for the black and silver retro look so I bought the ones without the trim. They will be coming up in the Dem Gazette classifieds. I think they will be $1100.00 a pair but dont quote me on that please. I have a set of fly brackets that I removed from these...are these things worth anything?

max2mc:

You have some great speakers there. And you bought four of them? What a way to start a surround sound system. Their worth depends on their condition, which looks pretty good from the picture I saw. I'll keep my eyes open for the upcoming Industrials. Thanks for the info.

Tony

Ahhh Yesss!

Carnack The Magnificent has divined that your speakers are numbers 8368 and 8369 produced in 1992 and in fact were produced on Friday April 10 .

Carnack has further divined that someone working for or selling Klipsch speakers on that date was involved in an illicit affair - In order to ensure the confidentiality of the adulterers and his own income security he will not disclose their identities here ! ( Carnack may be psychic but as Jay Silverheels said on the show one night - Him not Stupid! ).

The Carnack reference should be a clue as to my age - They weren't making the damned things when I was born but PWK was already diddling around with some ideas for a folded horn when my mother and father err umm were diddling around. 9.gif

• 2 weeks later...