1 Subwoofer or 2

dPhoenix

One larger,better sub.A single RSW15 dows a better job then dual RSW10's or even dual RSW12's!Its not just the extra output,the RSW15 will reach deeper than a RSW12.No matter how many smaller RSW's you may pile up you dont get the same deep bass foundation.

For example take a Aerial SW12 compare it to many lesser subs,no matter what the SW12 will sound better and provide all the output any sane person may need.9.gif

Get the RSW15

Room interactions can be difficult to deal with for two or more subs unless you have a real time analysis capability. Go with one good subwoofer and setup is simplified. Ideally, subs go in corners. It is frequently easier to find one good corner than two.

Bill

I've had as many as four subs at one time. When I had four, I had a Def Tech PF15tl at each front channel; a Def Tech PF15 connected to the surrounds; and a Paradigm PS-1000 connected to the center channel. This, I reasoned, simulated five full range speakers in a DD 5.1 system. I ran each speaker in the "Large" setting and that directd the bass to each channel. It was overkill in my 19' x 18' room. I sold off the rear channel and center channel subs and kept the two PF15tl's. I then experimented with a single PF15tl and got a lot of standing wave boominess and wild fluctuations in in the bass response around the room. Now I have both of the PF15tl's connected into the LFE channel and this has given me the best result so far. My receiver does full bass management, so when listening to DVD-Audio, or SACD, through the analog inputs, the bass is directed to the LFE channel. This has worked best for me.