www.acousticsounddesign.com

dPhoenix

Not from them

I have purchased from an unauthorized dealer and have dealt with the warranty. The warranty work was acceptable with genuine parts. It took a while 3 weks for the OEM parts to be aquired but when said and done the item came back repaired and ready to use.

The speaker (non-klipsch) was picked and dropped off by the repair agent. Seems like most of the warranties are by Phillips

scott

----------------

On 8/18/2003 10:46:29 AM dougdrake wrote:

Bought a Quintet setup from them and it arrived in great condition, sealed box, with original serial numbers. Would look at them again if I was in the market.

DD

----------------

I just ordered from them last Monday, and got an e-mail saying my speakers will be shipped tomorrow. (F?-35 all the way around). However, I talked extensively with Mike Embers who works there, and he told me serial numbers are removed from speakers. I asked him because I read a few sites that said they would be removed but his site didn't. He said "yes", he would remove the serials as well. His exact e-mail

----------------

last sight I read made it sound like they opened the box before hand and removed all serial/part numbers. Id prefer my setup un-touched. <--This is from me

this will happen anywhere you buy on the net

serial #s are removed <--M Embers Response

----------------

He seemed like an honest enough guy just trying to be able to distribute on the net so he got my order. If it really ships tomorrow I'll let you know when I get it, but I have no idea how you got everything with original s# ...

You would be surprised to know how invasive it is to remove serial numbers. If you were aware, you might not choose to purchase from unauthorized resellers. Caveat Emptore

Excuse me but any place that removes serial numbers from stock I buy is clearly a crooked and stinking business.

death to all those who remove serial numbers(what do they hide?)

Stolen goods?

Tampered goods?

Klipsch should not cover ANY warranty when serial numbers are tampered or removed.

----------------

On 8/19/2003 4:46:54 PM TheEAR wrote:

Excuse me but any place that removes serial numbers from stock I buy is clearly a crooked and stinking business.

death to all those who remove serial numbers(what do they hide?)

Stolen goods?

Tampered goods?

Klipsch should not cover ANY warranty when serial numbers are tampered or removed.

----------------

Klipsch will not make an authorized dealer out of ANY online company. Because of this Klipsch would not cover any product bought online, serial or not. Period. Denon and alot of other electronic manuf. do the same. That's just a given.

As for why the #s are removed, I'm not sure. Not just the company above, but every company I checked online that was a true online-only store told me the same thing (I looked for about a week). It had something to do with that fact that these companies offered thier own in-house warranty to replace the fact that Klipsch won't honor one through an online purchase. Details were not given. But I noticed that even if the website didn't disclose this, when I e-mailed and questioned they would confirm it.

So instead I checked with BBB, Biz-Rate, and other quality assurance method sites I could find. (Yes I know some linked just to the homepage and didn't actually register, I checked.) It actually has some good customer response. Guess I'll find out.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason that the serial numbers are removed is to protect the dealer who is wholeselling the equipment to the internet dealers.

The manufacturer can track the providers via the serial numbers. If they find out who is supplying the internet dealers, then that retailer can lose its "authorized" dealer status with klipsch.

Having said all of that.. all my stuff is from an authorized dealer except for the KSW-12 which was off Ebay. I prefer to go authorized, but many people chose to save a few bucks. If you deal with authorized dealers.. you can usually get a price not that much higher then unauthorized dealers.

Serial numbers were left on mine as well. Simply removed from the Box, but still on the units. The person I delt with at www.acousticsounddesign.com was very nice and profesional, when all was said and done.

As for authorized dealer. The best I could get out of them was $1800. Online I got it all for $1400. Personally I value $400 as more than "just a few bucks". Yeah there was shipping, but if I bought at a store there would have been tax, so the amount washes (at least here in California where it's over 7.75).

Heck if Cruz Bustamonte (sp?) wins the recall election here I'll be seeing a state tax hike as well as the addition of a County tax. Online could litterally be my sole source of eq. purchases in the future.

If you have a few places around town that deal Klipsch, you stand a fair chance of getting them down to a decent price. I recently purchased a single RF7 for $800.00 from and authorized dealer.

Keep one thing in mind. Spending a few extra bucks at a local authorized dealer has it's advantages. My RSW-15 went out on my a few months ago. Amp blew. Because I purchased local and authorized, there was no shipping costs involved. Imagine having to ship that heavy RSW-15 back and forth. Not to mention, I was able to go directly to Klipsch and skip the middle man all together by ording the part directly from Klipsch. Much faster turn around time.1.gif

• 3 years later...

I've shopped with 5 dealers near me. All have been friendly, accomodating, informative, and helpful. When pricing I was upfront that I was comparing the dealers to each other. I see no advantage to buying via internet resellers and transhippers from a cost perspective. The dealers in my area offer excellent support both before and after the sale with full warranty, and are price competitive with the internet operations.

I have ordered from them with great results. I live in Idaho and they are in Las Vegas NV. I called them and if I ordered on the phone he gave me free shipping and lowered the price by $50.00. I ordered four RS-35 surround speakers from them.

Before I ordered them I called Klipsch to find out if there were any authorized Klipsch dealers online and they are the ones that gave me the site of accousticsounddesign.com.

I have ordered from them with great results. I live in Idaho and they are in Las Vegas NV. I called them and if I ordered on the phone he gave me free shipping and lowered the price by $50.00. I ordered four RS-35 surround speakers from them.

Before I ordered them I called Klipsch to find out if there were any authorized Klipsch dealers online and they are the ones that gave me the site of accousticsounddesign.com.

I seem to remember a post by Amy a few months ago stating that company was recently considered authorized.