PS Audio Power Cords

boomer9911

The bass is fuller,deeper,richer and tighter.Midrange regains its right place and new found clarity is center stage.The upper freq. are more natural and bloom like coca plants.

LOL

I tried a Stereophile type description.

The gains are so vast you almost dont notice them,then later you ask yourself WHY IN THE BLUE HELL did I waste more money.

Because you need audiophile status,I too fell for it.

I have almost 10 grand worth of cables,interconects and audiophile rope.

Next stop magic stones to stone the wallet and hyper bass beans.

Say what you must kids, but I can assure you that for the "factory" power cable that came with the unit(s)there is a difference in pic and audio, but an obvious is sound quality. For the "few" extra bucks I forked over, no **** here 10.gif

I believe in cable quality, not 10K speaker cable, nor Maron's era lamp cord, GOOD CABLE 2.gif

TE. just to add, it's not the "status" as an Audiophile, which I have never claimed to be a member. I built my system for me and I love it, Audio-Enthusiast(?) maybe....I won the North American Spelling thingyyyyyyyyy 10.gif

Now that we are talking power cords. I need to run a 15 foot extension cord to put an amp on a different circuit than the rest of the electronics and household stuff. The amp will draw 1830 watts max/17.5 amps max. Am I inviting trouble by putting it on a appliance cord that is rated at 1875 watts/15 amps. If so, any one have alternate solutions? This will go on a 120 volt circuit. Max won't ever be seen around here...but I don't want to burn down the house.

Clu,

I think you'd be fine with a 12 gauge cord. Reasonable, I think, as that's the size wire in-wall, for a 20 amp circuit. You could buy a 25' cord, then cut to length, then add an end. Heck, you could cut off the receptacle end, and wire-up a 2-gang box, to have aplaces to plug in 4 devices. If you don't want to do it, I'll do it for you!

fini

P.S. Paloma thanks you for the popsicle!

They have 12 guage 20 amp extension cords. I use them for some of my tools and for a while I used one for my subwoofer. I would go buy a 20 amp cord.

Your house wiring is probably 20 amp as long as it was built durning or after the seventies, but most of your receptacles are 15 amps. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are you can buy a 20 amp receptacle to replace your existing one.

You should be O.K. using 12 gauge. On da utter hand it might be a good idea to use 10 gauge/3 wire if ya take da cats inta consider-way-shon. He he he he . And dont forget you might need a 3 to 2 prong adapter if grounding becomes a problem. Of course these are generally NOT recommended but you probably know all about Cheetah Posting.jpg PLUGS. 9.gif

Arrrghhh...things just go from bad to worse..

It turns out that the circuit that I was going to "dedicate" to my new amp (thanks Art) already is home to fuzzy wuzzy, the SVS sub with its cute little 525 watt on-board amp. I didn't even notice the sub when I was doing the initial circuit check...get that, I don't even see the thing anymore. Anyhow, I REALLY feel uncomfortable setting the amp and the sub on the same circuit. The only other accessible circuit is across the main hallway, and I really don't want to deal with that

So how does this sound for a bad idea? Ditch the extension cord, Run a 15 foot corded surgeprotector from the sub's circuit to the main wall and hook justabouteverything but the amp to that. Use the main wall circuit for the amp and a couple of lessor items, like tape player, VHS? Now this will put the TV/Denon3802/CDplayer/DVD/and Subwoofer on the same circuit, but the amp will only have to share the limelight, with ...the lights, and the equipment I rarely use.

Am I making this too hard? I want to get the most out of my system, but I dont want to burn down the house, trip over cords or fry any electronics.

Art, I may just HAVE to buy that pre/pro just to lessen the power load, hehehe, another excuse.

Boomer, sorry for the threak hijack..