Gear For Sale

Daddy Dee

Kiss my butt.

For those of you who think I've owned a half million things.

Preamps: Anthem Pre1L, Sonic Frontiers Line 1, Bryston BP20, AE-3 DJH, Cary SL-90, Lam Wing 6SN7 Linestage.

Amps: Anthem Amp1, AE-25, Bryston 3B-ST, AE-25 DJH, Welborne Apollos, Quicksilver M-60's, Bruce Moore Audio Design Dual 70.

Things that popped in and out while playing with the DQ-10's and Cornwalls: GAS Thalia preamp, Aragon 4004 MK II, and a couple of Scott 299's.

Dont forget your loving ADCOM GFA-555.... oops, I mean GFA-555 mkII.

I loved that amp dearly. See its best implementation below

eico_stand2.jpg

What you DO leave out is the space of time you had BETWEEN getting the above gear. Basically, you were a total solid state man 22 months ago! 90% of the stuff has come since with your skull barely having time to rotate 360 degrees before another out the door! Kevin Bacon's famous Animal House line applies: "Thank you; may I have another!"

Youre still a loon.

kh

----------------

On 8/29/2003 8:09:07 AM DeanG wrote:

Kiss my butt.

--------------------------

Dean, you forgot to use the smiley face again.
11.gif

Has somebody been dissin you my man? I just thought I was cranky because now I'm gonna have to change my avatar. Here is my message to anyone. LEAVE DEAN ALONE!
9.gif

You don't even want to think about making me mad.
10.gif

And please don't kiss Dean's butt, it will only encourage him.

----------------

On 8/26/2003 1:26:36 PM mobile homeless wrote:

IF my memory hold true, this is the interior of ole Dean's amp...er, Eric's amp. I cant remember if Dean switched out the Russian oils for those MIT although I doubt it. Look at all the parts, Dad! What pretty Russian Oils, Mom!

----------------

Mobile, Yep that's the right pic. Was just looking at it the other day!

BTW, that is a nice new avatar. Is that Picasso? I'd be interested to hear the title and author.

Regards,

Dee

Regarding the pic of the wiring of your amp, that is actually not your amp but Dean's first 299A, which happened to be Craig's first 299a. I was mistaken at first on that one. I did ole Craig's NOSValves website and had a load of pics from Dean of his gear and thought that was his second version.

As for the other avatar, see below.

picasso_post1.jpg

ps- Daddydee, your new avatar leaves me feelng weak... heh. That "Home Sweet Home" motif is scaring me! That defintely isnt a Miro, knowhatimsayin?

I don't know how any painting could be more powerful and moving than Picasso's "Guernica" which was, of course, at MOMA for 40 years before it was returned to Madrid and the Prado about 15 years ago. I have stood in front of this painting for HOURS both in NY and in Madrid and if you put me in front of "Guernica" today I would spend several more hours with it.

I was lucky enough to spend 3 days at the Picasso retrospective and another 4 days at the Matisse retrospective at MOMA (both shows were over 10 years ago) and I have to tell you that I believe Matisse was the greater talent, but I also feel that these two men were the best painters of the last century.

Kelly,

Thanks for posting the pic and word on "Girl Before Mirror".

On my avatar... I know it's not quite right, yet. Is it the bunny slippers? Had it narrowed down between this and the Budweiser logo.

Could go back to my first which was Larry of Veggie Tales. Just knew it wasn't the right thing to do to keep the 299b graphic after selling it.

15.gif

p.s. had actually given some thought to using Don Quixote and Sancho which is hanging on the wall in my office. Has some meaning in that the world perceives Heritage fans as nuts.