Gear For Sale

Daddy Dee

O.K. My wife has been supportive and tolerant of the "tasting" I've done over the last six months. It's time to reduce my inventory of gear and move some cash back into the general fund.

Here's what's for sale at the moment with commentary. Email me with questions. Prices are firm, but I would not take offense at offers. Wanted to give forum members first right of refusal before putting out on Ebay or Audiogon.

Klipsch Academy Oak Mint $350

(Sorry, I know that wasn't funny. But I sure wish I had one for sale. Academy stock has gone up lately2.gif )

Now these items are for real and in excellent condition:

Scott 299B - $580. (SOLD) This amp was rebuilt by NOSValves and lovingly cleaned and polished by a member of this forum. I mean it shines after hours of hand work. It's got custom walnut end caps on the sides and a custom lattice work cover on top. It sounds as good as it looks. It was shipped in it's original box. The tube complement is HH Scott branded original 12x7's, Telefunken 6BL8's, and Russian EL84's which were put in by Craig during the restoration and a high dollar Mullard NOS 5AR5 rectifier. Would be happy to keep this in service because it sounds so good, but econmics sometimes transcend preference. There is a pic attached. It might be considered bad form if I were to mention the name of the forum member from whom I purchased, but you could get a reference on this amp from DeanG. 12.gif

HEART CD-6000 $575. This is another Dutch modified Marantz with tube output. I purchased this to compare to the Njoe Tjoebs CD player, which I am keeping because I like the upsampler. The Heart sounds great, I am listening to it at this moment. Some prefer it over the Tjoebs. I'd say the sound is a toss up. I think I can discern a little different flavor between the Heart and the Tjoebs, but don't have a strong preference for one over the other. The original owner of this unit had upgraded the tubes, but this morning I've had an attack of amnesia and can't remember what they are. If you are seriously considering purchasing, I will be happy to get under the hood and see what's in it. Remote is included. Check out www.fsaudioweb.com for more info or reviews. Condition is excellent. It is slightly larger and heavier than the Tjoebs. The Marantz CD 6000, I suppose is a higher end platform from which to upgrade. Sorry, no pics to post. Color is black. Like all my stuff for sale, if you get it and find it not as described, you can send it back to me within a few days and I'll refund your money, less shipping.

Klipsch RC 3 II Center Channel -- $225. NIB. Yep, I purchased this on Ebay as "New-Open Box" from an online audio store. I was planning to use this as the center channel in a 5.1 HT I'm putting together. Since the rest of the system is Heritage and I lucked into a cheap single Heresy sans tweeter horn, I am using that as the center, (with a rebuilt K77 tweeter) I haven't opened that RS3 box, but would be happy to inspect it before shipping. color is black.

In the next several weeks I'll have some more stuff, a couple of pairs of La Scala's I'm in the process of refinishing right now. Will get back with a post when I can.

Let me know if you have any questions on these items.

Best regards,

Dee

post-11993-13819248865766_thumb.jpg

Buying a second Scott 299 at $580 would be a touch of insanity. Even ole Craig would admit this, the Scott freak he is. Of course, your first 299B at $580 is much more understandable, provided it is loaded with good valves and totally up to date, which this appears to be.

Hey Craig! That isnt my ole Scott 299B is it, all dressed up? Who the hell got that damn thing, finally?

Well having 2 of them would be extreme unless you have 2 systems I guess. But even then I think I would opt for something different in my second system just to add spice !

This is Dean's old 299B a real nice amp at a great price with all the goodies included.

Yours was a 299A MK II and I can't remeber who bought it so many of the Scott's run through here there just a blurr anymore. I started keeping a Outlook file on everyone to keep records of what is done to what !

Craig

Just trying to get some interest going here. Someday I wouldn't mind having another in my bedroom but first I think I'll see if I can get my macs up to snuff. Win's coming down this weekend to do some tube rolling with me when he picks up his new cornwalls.

I do think someone should jump on this because it will cost more and certainly be more of a hassle to start from scratch on ebay and it's inevitable that someone here will be doing that soon.

Greetings:

Hey Gary, I've got something to drop off for the work you did. I appreciate having my "personal" Banker. :)

If I wasn't getting some other amps, I'd be interested in the Scott.

Oh well it's like K-Horns, you see them at the wrooong time.

Win dodger1.gif

----------------

On 8/26/2003 7:48:22 AM DaddyDee wrote:

Scott 299B - $580. This amp was rebuilt by NOSValves and lovingly cleaned and polished by a member of this forum. I mean it shines after hours of hand work. It's got custom walnut end caps on the sides and a custom lattice work cover on top. It sounds as good as it looks.

----------------

Dee, you've got mail!!!

Chris

Chris just sold the EICO HF-81 (people can make mistakes) so I doubt he is getting the Scott 299. On the other hand, it appears as if he bought it for his buddy, Doug, the future owner of those new Klipschorns. I wonder if he talked him down any? heh... I just saw a nice as hell HF-81 with manual go on ebay for $250 but this 299B has already be gone through stem to stern, with some nice upgrades. Hope ole Doug appreciates the help here. Robinson is a generous chap!

kh

----------------

On 8/26/2003 1:00:23 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Chris just sold the EICO HF-81 (people can make mistakes) so I doubt he is getting the Scott 299. On the other hand, it appears as if he bought it for his buddy, Doug, the future owner of those new Klipschorns.

kh

----------------

Thanks for the kind words ... Yeah, selling the -81 was indeed a mistake. I can still hear Kelly and Jeff yelling, "Oh no, don't sell the Eico!!". You just never know what the future holds.

I am going to buy the 299 from Dee. I talked with Craig this morning and he told me that it was a very good buy considering what kind of shape it's in and what's in it componentry wise.

But this is not for me ... It's for my buddy Eric (the Rocket Scientist) who just scored a pair of Chorus II's in minty shape. Ultimately, he'll be building his own amps, but he's been running the Chorus II's in his office off of a table radio (or something equally comprimising). Anyway, this is going into his bedroom system, and I just couldn't bear seeing Barbara subjected to a good Bordeaux, soft lights, satin sheets, and a transitor radio playing bad FM through the Chorus II's. Holy Hell.

Talked with Dee, worked out the details, talked with Eric, who said "yes", so I think everybody's happy.

Another good day.

Lordy, I cant keep track of all the people you are helping here! Doug....Eric... Man! Lucky guys!

IF my memory hold true, this is the interior of ole Dean's amp...er, Eric's amp. I cant remember if Dean switched out the Russian oils for those MIT although I doubt it. Look at all the parts, Dad! What pretty Russian Oils, Mom!

http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/299_wire2.jpg

----------------

On 8/26/2003 1:26:36 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Lordy, I cant keep track of all the people you are helping here! Doug....Eric... Man! Lucky guys!

----------------

Well, to be honest, I just invited these guys over for dinner when Jeff and Nancy were visiting. Both Eric and Doug are absolute music fanatics and just got sucked in by the sound. Eric, who is CEO of a turbine testing lab (Boeing, Navy are a few customers), wants to build his own amps this winter, but things might be busy and that schedule could slip.

Just helping out some friends ... Like spending their money before they had planned to :) I think they'll be happy in the long run.