Justin's Back

justin_tx_16

I loved Blue Springs, maybe it was just all the friendly people. I have a crazy day today...

10:00am math

3:00pm Proseminar

5:00pm computer engineering lab

9:00pm wolper's hall government meeting (i represent the fourth floor and Gaines House in two different boards)

That means I need to head out to my three o'clock class. See you guys... who knows haha. I am very busy on thursdays, most days I in class from 9-1:00.

Shakespear's Pizza you say? Funny, I have pictures from there. I love that place! For those not in the know...

shakespeares.jpg

shakespeares-sign.jpg

Yeah, the people are great in Blue Springs, there's just not much to do there (not like there's much to do in KC anyways).

Both of my brothers were in Gaines House. I think I still have some of their old shirts.

Which math? 80? 175? Yeah, proseminar sucks. Just don't skip, or they'll nail you to a cross. 2.gif

As for the KA fraternity, a few of my high school buds joined and then turned into real big ********s and I haven't spoken to them since. Some of them were real cool though. Just remember, frat socials will take up a big chunk of your time, and if you're having a hard time with your classes, I wouldn't suggest rushing. That's how most kids drop out, they can't handle all the parties and their classes.

People that vandalize other people's stuff really tick me off! I just got back from a jazz session and a trip to the library to find that were I park my bike, which was luckily with me, had been seriously compromised. Bikes all bent and twisted and just a bunch of BS. People that do this kind of stuff never get caught and think it is really funny.

bikes-vandalized.jpg

----------------

On 9/5/2003 12:10:04 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

People that vandalize other peoples stuff really tick me off! I just got back from a jazz session and a tripe to the library to find that were i park my bike, which was luckily with me, had been seriously compromised. bikes all bent and twisted and just a bunch of BS. People that do this kind of stuff never get caught and think it is really funny.

"<a
http://soundwise.org/klipschubb/justin_tx_16/mizzou/bikes-vandalized.jpg">

----------------

I feel the same. I've always thought it would be worth catching someone vandalizing my stuff just to beat the crap out of them.

Yeah, that sucks and happens quite often. I never had a bike at school for that reason, but I never needed one. I think it would be wise to bring it back when you get an apartment. (I would recommend the apartments on 4th St.) Can't remember what they were called (Wildwood?), but you can see them if you're driving North on Providence coming from Stadium Blvd and going towards Broadway. They're up on the hill to your right off Turner? Damn it's been awhile. Anyways, all the rooms have sinks in them, come with washer and dryer, and have 3 and 4 bedroom apts. Rent was a little over $1000 for 4 of us in a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom, so not bad at all.

Oh, and you can turn your stereo up as loud as you like, the walls between apartments are concrete (at least ours was). Neighbors said they never heard anything. Good place to live.

Congratulations on finally going to college. I know you talked it up a lot over the summer and I am really excited for you. College is the best, man. I have been out for over a year now (Miami University - Oxford) and miss it so much. I think it's not so much about the classes as it is about learning about yourself, others, and just growing up. I think to be successful in college you need one thing: responsibility. Seeing as you already have this, I know you will do just fine.

When you go home for fall break or winter break the Klipsch's will sound sooo sooo good (cause you wouldn't have listened to them for a fine while).

Does your roommate have Logitechs there?

Does your roommate know about your Klipsch obsession and website, etc? It'd definitely be a ice-breaker. I settle for talking about professional wrestling...funny, not many ppl except my kind of roommates would be up for that conversation!

----------------

On 9/5/2003 12:44:00 AM prodj101 wrote:

----------------

On 9/5/2003 12:10:04 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

People that vandalize other peoples stuff really tick me off! I just got back from a jazz session and a tripe to the library to find that were i park my bike, which was luckily with me, had been seriously compromised. bikes all bent and twisted and just a bunch of BS. People that do this kind of stuff never get caught and think it is really funny.

"<a
http://soundwise.org/klipschubb/justin_tx_16/mizzou/bikes-vandalized.jpg">

----------------

I feel the same. I've always thought it would be worth catching someone vandalizing my stuff just to beat the crap out of them.

----------------

I had a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed when I was in college. It weight about 100 lbs so twisting was not an option for vandals. The city of Frostburg, MD was about 2 miles wide so anything but a bike was overkill.

BTW Proj,

She didn't look goth to me except maybe the belt. I've seen goth and that ain't it. You're being pretty harsh on a dirty old man like me (if you consider 43 old).2.gif

Justin... nice campus! I went to a local university (Montreal has ±4 major ones and 3 secondary ones) so missed out on the moving away experience. You got to get rid of that chair though!!

----------------

On 9/4/2003 12:00:53 AM prodj101 wrote:

gary, I don't know about you, but personally I don't dig goths/pale girls.

----------------

ProDJ ... you don't know what your missing... 9.gif

Later...

Rob

PS: I'm not really into blondes with plastic breasts though... 14.gif

Justin,

Welcome back...of course being in school you may not be around much.2.gif

Nice bike, I had an early version of that one back when I was in college (1990 I think was when I bought). I ride a Jamis Dakar FS now, but full suspension is overkill for campus commuting.

Paul

My roommate has Altec Lansings, neighbors have $30 LogiTech's and the other has something not even I had heard of, they were free with his computer.

I am famous for my ProMedia 5.1 plus SWS system. People walk inside my room to listen to me play a song, i get requests all the time. They always are along the lines of "Wow, that sounds amazing!" or "holy (explicitive) that is loud!". My good neighbor (one is good, Corey, but his roommate is a waste of oxygen. Luckily he smokes enough weed to not take up too much of my air) might have Cornwalls at home, Witchita Kansas. We are going to investigate that 1.gif

Yes, everyone around me now knows of my love of music and hi-fi audio. It was the topic of my first speech in my journalism class.

I love the bike. It is so much fun. I opted not to get dual suspension because i lose so much power when i have dual suspension, unless you spend around $1000 (way to much to park on a college campus), your rear shocks are not stiff enough to do any good without slowing you down. I am about to have to get new tires though, I have gotten in the habit of doing stunts and whatnot, doing 360's instead of just making a wide turn... I could never do that kind of stuff on my OCR 1 which I have been riding now for about a year.

Everyone is very nice out here, thus far, and now that I am in charge of my floor and my house inside the dormitory (Gaines House) people can't be too rude to me or else fear not getting the new pool table hehe. Power is great, more, more more!!!

My SPL meter and NCH Tone Generator have both kept me busy as people have me analyze their sound systems. Klipsch, you owe me one. Expect at least 15 new customers LoL. Actually... I think I might still owe you one 9.gif

I cleaned our room yesterday, did the whole Swiffer Wet-Jet business... I am going to start doing that more often. The things i picked up on the floor that i had been walking on... disgusting.

Can you believe it? A dorm room with a microwave and no EasyMac and no Ramon Noodles?! What is... heresy. We will fix that soon enough.

I have been busy at the rec center showing people what playing raquettball is all about. You know, showing them how others how not to play 3.gif. I am pretty decent, champion in my family and all my friends in houston, but I am very nervous about challenging someone here, so I probably won't. I got my first raquettball injury saturday... i was holding the raquett slightly too hard... popped a few blood vessels in my right hand! That was a pain, literally.

Food is pretty decent here. I have a 17 meal, meal plan, and at the end of the week I still have like 10-13 meals left. We go to Hatch (dormitory) where they have this thing called the Binghamm Connection where you can turn your points (7 points per meal) into food to go. For instance, you can get 3 sets of poptarts (6 total tarts) and one bagel as one meal. So, at the end of the week I have at least 70 points left to spend. Cereal, milk, bagels and muffins are all one point, you can get a whole lot of food this way!

I am in the engineering dormitory so most of the people here are counter strike champions... not much of a night life. Luckily my neighbor, Corey, is Pre-Med and not an engineer, so I have one way out to the fun life, life away from TI-86's...

Enough for now, I have something to do... I am sure. Cya~

Hope your havin a good time there Justin. I am 2 semesters away from graduating, and not really looking forward to it.

Also, if there is a Sigma Phi Epsilon (SigEp) chapter out there, you should check them out too. Next to buying Klipsch, joining the fraternity was one of the best decisions I made in college. My reference system shakes the house to the ground too 9.gif

I too had a promedia system in the dorms (the v2.400) and it constantly amazed the people on my floor.

work hard then play hard,

Adam