Signatures

dodger

sal -

No offense, but I don't know exactly what your point was...

but I do know that I wasn't trying to make a point in either of my posts. So I could not have been re-enforcing yours. The first was to answer a question that Bill H. had asked. The second was kindof a whimsy SIGNATURE FROM HELL thing.

cyc...I actually don't own a Denon...I own a very special hard to find..DEON..it doesn't need electrical connections..It runs off excessive bouncing of electrons of hot air and static electricity.

Bkrop...I'd delete the image, but everytime I view it, I barf.2.gif It's really hell when you out-do yourself to your own detriment.

In case anyone cares what I think on the topic, sigs should be kept neat and not sprawl unnecessarily.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then cluless won't like mine...but hey, the signature is me (like dodger said in his opening post)!

I've pissed off a few Netscape users with my previous sig; the bullets depicting my Klipsch loudspeakers were huge in comparison to the rest of it (I don't know HTML, and I must have done something by accident and didn't realize it because I use IE6.0...I think I decreased the font number or something along those lines, and it at least looks normal now on Netscape browsers).

I personally don't have a problem whatsoever with signatures being too long, plus I have a cable modem so download speeds aren't an issue for me.

Sorry if my sig annoyes anyone; it's not my intent to. But it's just a sig, and with all the other things going on in this messed up world, long sigs are the least of my problems.

For what it's worth...

On the topic of creating signatures...(are we still on that topic?), here's a quick tip. If you like someone's signature style, font, color, you can simply copy it and paste to in your sig. box. Then just insert your equipment for theirs.

Here's my signature using Craig's style...

Jeff Korneff 45SE or

Sun Audio 2A3/45 modified amp

Emotive Audio Erato pre

Sonic Frontiers SFP-1 sig. phono pre

Oracle Delphi TT; SME IV or Graham 1.5t arm; Shure V15 or Clearaudio Gamma S cart.

CAL Alpha/Deta Dac/trans

Klipsch '87 Khorn; '71 CW II

On the topic of creating signatures...(are we still on that topic?), here's a quick tip. If you like someone's signature style, font, color, you can simply copy it and paste to in your sig. box. Then just insert your equipment for theirs.

Jeff Korneff 45SE or

Emotive Audio Erato pre

Oracle Delphi TT; SME IV or Graham 1.5t arm; Shure V15 or Clearaudio Gamma S cart.

CAL Alpha/Deta Dac/trans

Jeff Korneff 45SE or

Emotive Audio Erato pre

CAL Alpha/Deta Dac/trans

I made ole Craig's 1pt signature with logo and that aint ole Craig's style, knowhatimsayin? heh...

If anyone really wants to do the sig in the original 1pt style, here is a text file with the exact directions and text to paste into the box. I posted this about a year ago.

To download the file, right click on below and hit "SAVE TARGET AS"

Or you can just click and it will open in browser.

Klipsch Signature Instructions (copy & paste)

kh

Kelly,

You're absolutely right (as usual)! It (the copy/paste) worked fine on the profile page so I don't inderstand why it didn't come through in the forum. Oh well, you could fill a thimble with my computer savvy. With a nod to ignorance and just plain laziness, I use this technique quite often with good results elsewhere on the net and thought I'd pass along an easy cheat. Sorry for any false hope incurred...

have fun, Bryan

Oh my!! You have all inspired me to change my sig!! It is smaller so people won't have to scroll through it as much, it has the Kelly look to it, it has color, and the web link now tells you exactly what you will get when you click on it as well as tell people that yes I actually own Klipsch gear!

PS if any one would like to use lots of different colors in their sig here is a nice web page that shows HTML color codes.

Laters,

----------------

On 9/11/2003 11:24:38 PM NOSValves wrote:

All I can say is if people want to have there signatures then let them have them. What is the big deal !!

----------------

Apparently it's a big deal to some or else they just enjoy busting people's ba!!s. There are nice ways to help people with their HTML skills like Clu did for us. Some, instead of just helping from the start, decide it's more fun to insult someones sig. We end up in the same place when all is said and done.

Lovely. Please see four & six posts above (including jbryan who used the file and just did his sig above). I have posted this three times in the last 15 months making about 5 people's signatures including making avatars and logos (see Craig). Many have used that file. How can you help any more than that? Do people read the posts before they write?

----------------

On 9/12/2003 11:24:14 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Sharp response, Gary. See two-four posts above. I have posted this three times in the last year besides making about 5 people's signatures including making avatars and logos (see Craig). How can you help any more than that???? Do people read the posts before they write?

----------------

Hi Kelly:

What may help some also is not have you do all of the work and they learn the HTML and its application.

That keeps your signature unique and your format unique. You obviosly spent time choosing yous and putting forth a part of you in your signature. It wouldn't be the same if I saw all of the signatures look like yours.

Yours is similar to the way you write as I've seen. I don't think we have another Kelly on the Forum. Scrolling down, I see yours and stop to read it. Now I might get confused.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/12/2003 11:38:31 AM garymd wrote:

It all ends up well but usually starts a little shaky to say the least. Not for the first time either. Yes, I've read every post in this thread. It just seems that we end up going through unneccessary battles before the peaceful endings.

----------------

Grretings:

That is true. I believe a truce may be finally in place.

Don't go over to the Cornwall Vault thred. That makes the worst of this seem miniscule.

I posted because I saw slams to many of the good people here and one is not in quite full knowledge of inferring, implying, acting on something. It's not that I think others cannot defend themselves. They most certainly can, but I don't like to see others I've met, read, emailed, disagreed with get put down. That's why we're family.

Win dodger