Is this stupid or what???

PhilMays

OK, I'm saw an M & K (such a thing?) or B & K sub at a flea market in Raleigh NC. It has great sound and was paired with some nice yamaha equiptment. He was selling each item seperatly and had $250 marked on the sub. By the size of the box I would say it was a 10" or 12" sub.

My question is, on my Yamaha reciever I have two sub outs that I use on a front sub and rear sub. If I were to purchase this sub how would I split the signal to create two front subs and a rear sub? Will splitting a sub out degridate the signal?

Perhaps I should just forget it all and be happy with two.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:59:15 AM PhilMays wrote:

OK, I'm saw an M & K (such a thing?) or B & K sub at a flea market in Raleigh NC. It has great sound and was paired with some nice yamaha equiptment. He was selling each item seperatly and had $250 marked on the sub. By the size of the box I would say it was a 10" or 12" sub.

My question is, on my Yamaha reciever I have two sub outs that I use on a front sub and rear sub. If I were to purchase this sub how would I split the signal to create two front subs and a rear sub? Will splitting a sub out degridate the signal?

Perhaps I should just forget it all and be happy with two.
----------------

It's an M&K probably, B&K doesn't make any subs that I know of.

All you need to do is buy a y splitter and it doesn't degrade the signal. Most people only have one sub out, so this is what they have to do.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 8:59:15 AM PhilMays wrote:

Is this stupid or what???

----------------

Nope it isn't...

Similarly, every time I see a local deal on a pair of heritage Klipsch, i can't help but contact the person... even though i have no idea where to put them. 12.gif

Rob

----------------

On 9/11/2003 10:07:36 AM formica wrote:

Similarly, every time I see a local deal on a pair of heritage Klipsch, i can't help but contact the person... even though i have no idea where to put them.
12.gif

Rob

----------------

I do that also even if it's just to go look at them knowing I can't take them home.

You can do that? 2.gif

Just saw a local ad for a pair of Forte this morning... a good price too. He emailed me back, and has had several inquiries already... he's taking bids now. Yes, I did make him an offer even though I shouldn't... so i'm ok if i get out-bid.

If they were K-Horns... that would have been a different story. 9.gif

Heritage are definitely going strong...

Rob

PS: sorry for going off-topic with your post Phil, it's just that we've all been there 2.gif

I have to split my subwoofer output as well, I use a "Y" (single male to two female) at the receiver, single cables to each sub and "Y" (single female to two male) again to feed both inputs at the sub. I got the nice twisted pair AR Y adapters from Parts Express. It works well.