Nice looking Belles just posted on Ebay. (San Fran)

No Disc

Gilbert, take a deep breath and repeat after me, I don't need a pair of Belle's, release and breathe in again, I don't need a pair of Belle's. But wait if you get the Belle's does that mean that I can buy your OO Cornwall II's from you? If so, breathe in again, release, and say I need the Belle's I need the Belle's. Is that vault ready to be placed into service again? Just kidding, good luck with whatever you decide to do. I would not fork over more than $1750 for them though. What if someone offers you something in an exotic finish after you decide to purchase them. Decisions, decisions.

Gil.. It's a trap man. I bought a pair and all I could think about was how to make them sound this way or that way. It will become an obsession! I promise. I damn near ended up having to go to to AAA, "Audio Anonymous Association". Next you will be blasting this forum with questions on tube gear. I'm telling ya... Watch out.

You have been warned. 2.gif

I don't know what your tastes in music are, but when I had mine, I found that the belles were not a good rock and roll speaker. Classical, Jazz, Easy Listening, New Age... Sure... But anything where you expect or want nice solid deep rumbly base, you will not get it from these. That is my experiance anyway. Others may have a different experiance than I did.

Those sure like like my old belles. The color that is. Sometimes I have to admit, I really miss them. They were the best sounding speakers I ever heard for some types of music.

Gilbert,

I'd go for them if I were you. I got my Belles last fall after hearing some Khorns. I never heard Belles or La Scalas!

I replaced the blown diaphrams in the tweeters, Built some type 'A' crossovers and am powering them with some SET 2A3 Mono Blocks (Moondogs) -

I am continually amazed at how great these speakers sound!! - I have demoed hundreds of speakers and none that I have heard can match the clairity and dynamics of these Belles (except the Khorns).

Is anyone interested in purchasing a pair of Cornwalls OO. I purchased them from a fellow forum member and are in excellent condition, I'd rate them 9.5 out of 10. The only reason they don't score 10 is because of a minor cosmetic flaw at the corner of 1 of the speakers; It is very very minor, and almost not worth mentioning.

I'd like to get what I paid for them, which is $900. (I did not include what I paid for shipping, $130)