Wow... Klipsch never ceases to amaze me.

m00n

from what i understand the gmx 5.1 sys w/sws sub(s)sounds awesome!

mOOn glad you had another 'klipsch' experience,i understand.and if they image well, they image well!(good soundstage). a large part of the reason is the horn-loaded high end.and,of course,your expert skill level and aptitude for positioning them just right2.gif

i listened to a cut off of 'scorpions' "i can't explain" sunday, and as many times as i've heard that song over the past 18yrs.,it sounded s o o g o o d!!Deep-digging bass chords and Rippin'guitar.

i've been around audio professionally for over 13yrs. and since birth as my granfather was a professional musician, and my mom and dad have an appreciation for music. my system at home NEVER fails to satisfy, and i don't find myself saying'gee-i wish i had...or it would do...'

ENJOY!!

avman.

----------------

On 9/16/2003 9:19:19 AM avman wrote:

mOOn glad you had another 'klipsch' experience,

----------------

Actually I have had these for a long time. I had never heard of Klipsch until about 3 years ago when I seen these little black THX speakers in a PC gaming magazine. Had to have them, got them and really enjoyed them. I got to poking around the Klipsch website and then I noticed that they had the big toys too.

Since I have had my other Klipsch gear I have kinda snubbed my pro medias until last night. Dropped in a Great White CD futzed around with the EQ on the Windows Media player and poof. I was kinda taken aback at how good they sounded.16.gif

mOOn,

Around here Great White is still a swear word. I was over by the site of the former Station club the other day. Over a hundred croses and still people standing there clinging to each other.

So far no criminal charges have been filed. The owners of the club were fined $1,000,000 for lack of workers compensation insurance and about $40,000 for exit door violations.

I'd hide the fact that you have GW cds. The lawyers are suing everything and everyone remotely allied to GW and the Station.

Rick

M00n---

You must try the CAT5 cable mod for your PM's. With all cables 'maxed out' using CAT5, the things sound really darn good. I have stock input cables, but CAT5 speaker wires. High range and mid range improved a lot and midbass is cleaner. I love the sound.

Yeah that whole thing was a horrible tragidy. I really want to belive that Great White was not at fault here. I have always enjoyed them and knowing that they were at fault would really taint my listening pleasure

And CAT5 eh? I have a bunch of that. You found that it enhanced the performance eh? I will give it a try, I have lots of it.

CAT5 is at least 99.99% pure copper... so it is pretty good. For speaker wire duties, it may seem a tad light as each wire is only 24 guage. I paralleled four wires for signal and ground (all whites for ground) on my PM5.1's and had good results. As far as interconnects go, I use CAT5 IC's for my headphone setup. Sounds MUCH better than my original cable. It is worth a try if you have a lot sitting around...

----------------

On 9/16/2003 8:57:16 PM m00n wrote:

Yeah that whole thing was a horrible tragidy. I really want to belive that Great White was not at fault here. I have always enjoyed them and knowing that they were at fault would really taint my listening pleasure

----------------

Yeah, that was a horrible tragedy. Great White have already paid dearly for that in the loss of thier guitar player.

About the ProMedias. I also agree - for the size and price, I have found them to be an excellent set of speakers. I honostly think they sound better than the Bose AcousticMass speakers that cost 5 times as much! I have a set of the original ProMedia V2.400s, although I did upgrade to the newer control pod (CP-2). I am considering getting the new PM 5.1 Ultras for my gaming rig and move the V2.400's to the PC I mostly use to surf the internet.

My straightforward ProMedia 2.1s never cease to amaze me...their imaging is spot on when placed just right. I do find the bass a bit boomy; maybe I need to experiment with the sub's placement more, but I just turn down the subwoofer level a tad more to compensate.

All in all, a very satisfying experience. Looks like replacing the stock speaker cables would be the next best thing, eh?

Manuel,

3DSS is a garbage dump for trash can wannabe audiophile who own cheapo gear and think they reached any high level.

All they see is AV123456 and Swan Duckling speakers they think are th best made(ha Dynaudio bests HiVi by a mile),the only think these copycat HiVi speakers have going for them is the cheap price.

3DSS speaker forum is a joke